Thread creation standards in HL?

Posting articles in quotes with link(s) to source as a standard thread creation practice in HL ?

• I agree, it shouldn't even be a question honestly.

• Yes, and we should have even more standards.

• Meh, that won't really improve HL...

• Fukk your quotes nukka ! :rickjames: And your links too. :pacspit:

• Nope. I'm a libertarian, I write in sky blue and I don't want no tyrant dictating my ways.

• No. I create my threads as I wish and I'm protected by the 1st Amendment. Freedom of Speech !

Results are only viewable after voting.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Guys, can we have some standard practices when creating threads with articles ?
Got this idea from @Robbie3000's thread in Event Staff but I think it could be a good look for HL to (rather small) standards of presentation.

So first standard I'd propose would be to always put an article in quotes in order to differentiate the article from the poster's comments. Said article could be cleaned or formatted a little (centering photos ; cutting or extending paragraphs for example) above all when there are plenty of spaces in it or social media links which are often annoying lists. But that would be only if OP wants it because ultimately it's not important really.

Second standard should be to put the link(s) to the source(s) of the quoted article for other posters to be able to check the source quickly and know where the article come from.

Example :
Two men from North Caucasus region detained in connection with February killing of Russian opposition leader

Protesters march in Moscow in memory of slain opposition leader Boris Nemtsov on 1 March. Photograph: Pavel Golovkin/AP
Chris Johnston
@cajuk
Saturday 7 March 2015 16.31 GMTLast modified on Saturday 7 March 201516.55 GMT

Russian authorities have detained two men in connection with the murder of the opposition leader Boris Nemtsov. The pair were named as Anzor Gubashev and Zaur Dadayev, both from the North Caucasus, a volatile region of southern Russia plagued by insurgency.

Alexander Bortnikov, head of Russia’s federal security service, said the investigation was ongoing and Vladimir Putin had been informed of the detentions, the government television network Rossiya-24 reported.
[...]
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/mar/07/boris-nemtsov-murder-russia-two-arrests

Myself I put the link after the quote but it's no big deal as long as as the article is quoted and the link is present imo. What does HL think ?

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
That's SOP (AFAIK) for something like a news article or blog post, but many of the posts in here are just opinions.

Now, if they can't back their opinion with supporting evidence and just try and go off on an emotionally-infused/philosophically biased rant is another story altogether.

:manny:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
That's SOP (AFAIK) for something like a news article or blog post, but many of the posts in here are just opinions.

Now, if they can't back their opinion with supporting evidence and just try and go off on an emotionally-infused/philosophically biased rant is another story altogether.

:manny:
Yeah the thread was aimed at news articles and blog posts threads. I feel like a thread would be clearer if we would do that for those types of threads.