Timbaland's Breakthrough TRIPLET Style was IMITATED DIRECTLY FROM MEMPHIS PRODUCER SMK

MusicConsulting

All Star
Daps
I figure a lot of people from Memphis are going to be :ohhh::blessed::cape:

The style was a template rhythm that SMK did w/ his triplet style. :leostare:

Uh oh Timbaland historians...

SMK the MVP & Innovator for sparking the movement :gladbron:

Memphis, do a victory lap. SMK is one in a million. Missy loved SMK & Timbaland & Magoo was inspired by listening to "Indo G & Lil Blunt":pachaha:A mystery is once again made a little clearer by the miracle of the internet.

MusicConsulting

All Star
Daps

Oh shyt this is looking so bad, SMK showing Timbaland how to swing w/ the rhythm

:ohlawd:Timbaland you didn't want to share the name of the GOD that taught you. :lupe:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't see how this is bad. They were in the same camp. SMK influenced a style that was later developed into what became the sound on Aaliyah, Ginuwine, Missy, and Timbaland & Magoo's work '96-'99. People who were up on those interviews with Da Bassment members Accion and another guy I think, already knew about this.

MusicConsulting

All Star
Daps
While you busy posting examples from 95 Timbo was ghost producing shyt like this in 93:usure:

And who do you think was in that CAMP at that time?

This is what I am trying to tell you. SMK was RECRUITED. Look at the Da Basement track above, that was before 96. .........

Here's from the mouth of one of the Bassment members "Accion" how the style was duplicated by Timmy:

Definitely. Let me tell you- that musical sound that you heard back then that creatively moved mountains in the music industry- that musical sound was mostly DeVante. It developed in Da Bassment and was managed between him & Timbaland but it was mainly DeVante in terms of the development, because he really was the only one who had the skills to do that. Timbaland at that point was a very talented young man but he was learning and being schooled by DeVante. The actual bass drums, and the way Timbaland would pattern his drumbeats, that was actually a combination of my mouth and a producer called SMK that DeVante liked and brought in from Rochester. What would happen is, like I'd already described- a typical day in the life of Da Bassment consisted of what we called vibin'. So we'd be vibin' in a cypher and we'd all be just impromptu singin', rhymin' freestylin' and somebody would have to bust a beat out. So the way I used to beatbox with my mouth- I don't know if you're going to hear this clearly over the phone properly, but I'd do this (Accion beatboxes for 15 seconds and it sounds uncannily like what we classed as a Timbaland drum beat between 1997-1999). So I'd beatbox like that, but I wasn't producing music, so what would happen is DeVante & Tim would go into the studio and duplicate my pattern with the drum machine and develop it. SMK's music was very bass heavy so he brought in the bass pattern to match with my beatboxing & DeVante's drum pattern, and it sounded like this (Accion beatboxes for another 15 seconds). So basically DeVante & Tim took those two ideals and then developed it further and made that sound you're referring to"

MusicConsulting

All Star
Daps
I don't see how this is bad. They were in the same camp. SMK influenced a style that was later developed into what became the sound on Aaliyah, Ginuwine, Missy, and Timbaland & Magoo's work '96-'99. People who were up on those interviews with Da Bassment members Accion and another guy I think, already knew about this.

I think the bad part is never mentioning SMK/Accion were responsible for the drum rhythms that Tim would listen & try to duplicate. The fact his name was never brought up as an inspiration is probably what made him go to podcasts and interviews.

He's a big part of Tim's development sound. And the only time he was mentioned was not by Timbaland or Missy, that's kind of ignoring history. And I think as people see the names brought up over n over, that can mess w/ your head to not get recognition. He did the drum programming to No More Pain.. that's a big record for someones catalog. So if his claim is accurate, he deserves that recognition,imo. I don't think it is asking for too much to be acknowledged in the evolution & pioneering of the sound. :yeshrug:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think the bad part is never mentioning SMK/Accion were responsible for the drum rhythms that Tim would listen & try to duplicate. The fact his name was never brought up as an inspiration is probably what made him go to podcasts and interviews.

He's a big part of Tim's development sound. And the only time he was mentioned was not by Timbaland or Missy, that's kind of ignoring history. And I think as people see the names brought up over n over, that can mess w/ your head to not get recognition. He did the drum programming to No More Pain.. that's a big record for someones catalog. So if his claim is accurate, he deserves that recognition,imo. I don't think it is asking for too much to be acknowledged in the evolution & pioneering of the sound. :yeshrug:

According to Accion, Devante AND Timbaland developed the sound based on Accion's beatboxing and SMK.