"Timeless" Toni Storm = best gimmick in wrestling ?

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
her character is the same :yeshrug:

but... this is your women's world title programme.

this ain't it for that. Her character works but undermines any attempt at prestige for that belt. Meanwhile, the TBS title getting near main event segments. Compare the two lineages... the TBS belt more important than the AEW Women's world title.

And it shouldn't be if the company is booked right.
Because Sasha fukkin Banks is in the feud. If that feud wasn’t getting much time yall would complain about how Sasha isn’t getting much attention. :what:

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Because Sasha fukkin Banks is in the feud. If that feud wasn’t getting much time yall would complain about how Sasha isn’t getting much attention. :what:
I would argue... there hasn't been a single point in AEW history where both belts existed where the AEW Women's was far and away above the TBS. Jade held it, then Statlander. Julia's run was a low point partly because she was injured, but... Toni was playing All About Eve and winning matches sticking tiny frying pans down her pants so I'mma call that a wash... eh. They need to fold that belt over into the AEW one and use the ROH Women's title as their midcard if they got too.

Let Mercedes beat Toni at Wembley to unify :yeshrug:
Have Ospreay take the TNT title and unify it when he beats Swerve at Wembley, too. fukk it :yeshrug:

Toni doing 11/10 character work though. She's an absurd cartoon character. Woulda ate in 1980s WWF. On a show where everyone else is terrible at character work... she stands out in such a good way it looks bad :hubie:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I would argue... there hasn't been a single point in AEW history where both belts existed where the AEW Women's was far and away above the TBS. Jade held it, then Statlander. Julia's run was a low point partly because she was injured, but... Toni was playing All About Eve and winning matches sticking tiny frying pans down her pants so I'mma call that a wash... eh. They need to fold that belt over into the AEW one and use the ROH Women's title as their midcard if they got too.

Let Mercedes beat Toni at Wembley to unify :yeshrug:
Have Ospreay take the TNT title and unify it when he beats Swerve at Wembley, too. fukk it :yeshrug:

Toni doing 11/10 character work though. She's an absurd cartoon character. Woulda ate in 1980s WWF. On a show where everyone else is terrible at character work... she stands out in such a good way it looks bad :hubie:
I don’t think they should unify the belt since there’s plenty of talent that should shine, but I said double champ Mone would be great for her character. Have her drop the TBS in a triple threat where she doesn’t get pinned.

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
I don’t think they should unify the belt since there’s plenty of talent that should shine, but I said double champ Mone would be great for her character. Have her drop the TBS in a triple threat where she doesn’t get pinned.
they got too many belts in this company bruh.
THere were EIGHT champions on one of these shows. When everyone champ - no one is.

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
And there’s only 2 women’s belts. I’m not talking about the men’s.
this has nothing to do with Toni so I don't want to keep getting the thread off-topic.
That said... with how AEW's women are booked... 2 belts is too many. This company can't support two levels of women's division.
ROH been doing better women's work than both AEW and TBS belt scenes lately.
Fold the TBS into the AEW and make women's tag belts or something. But there are not enough worthwhile singles women's wrestlers in this company to justify multiple belts. It's pointless.
on topic: Toni/Mariah for women's tag champs :blessed:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
this has nothing to do with Toni so I don't want to keep getting the thread off-topic.
That said... with how AEW's women are booked... 2 belts is too many. This company can't support two levels of women's division.
Fold the TBS into the AEW and make women's tag belts or something. But there are not enough worthwhile singles women's wrestlers in this company to justify multiple belts. It's pointless.
NXT is making another women’s belt and they have the about same amount of women on their roster as AEW. And NXT only does 2 shows while AEW has 3.

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
NXT is making another women’s belt and they have the about same amount of women on their roster as AEW. And NXT only does 2 shows while AEW has 3.
NXT has women who can work, weigh more than two plates and puts them on TV in position to succeed.:hubie:

Anyways... yay Toni. Love her. woot.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
NXT has women who can work, weigh more than two plates and puts them on TV in position to succeed.:hubie:

Anyways... yay Toni. Love her. woot.
You’re telling me Arianna Grace, Karmen Petrovic and Kelani Jordan are better than Toni Storm, Serena Deeb, and Jamie Hayter? Young up and coming talent better than seasoned vets. :mjlol:

I can’t take your opinion seriously after that dumb comment. :scust:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
“This company can’t support two levels of women’s division”

Literally two sentences later:
“Fold the TBS into the AEW and make women’s tag belts or something. But there are not enough worthwhile singles women’s wrestlers in the company to justify multiple belts”

Can’t support two levels, so unify two singles belts and introduce a tag team belt to create a second women’s division that requires double the talent of a midcard singles division?

In what alternate reality are you living in where that makes any sense?

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
“This company can’t support two levels of women’s division”

Literally two sentences later:
“Fold the TBS into the AEW and make women’s tag belts or something. But there are not enough worthwhile singles women’s wrestlers in the company to justify multiple belts”

Can’t support two levels, so unify two belts and introduce another? And that belt is a tag team belt, which requires basically double the talent than what a midcard singles belt would need to have a proper tag division.

In what alternate reality are you living in where that makes any sense?
in the world where I literally said these women can't work singles matches.
It was pretty clear tbh.
They can't work singles matches that people care about.
Even the builds to their title matches are tag matches. Skye and Hart. Stat and Willow.

Calm down your rabid fanboyism and see the intended statement. Which is - again - they do not have enough accomplished singles match workers to support two singles division belts. That's literally what I said.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
in the world where I literally said these women can't work singles matches.
It was pretty clear tbh.
They can't work singles matches that people care about.
Even the builds to their title matches are tag matches. Skye and Hart. Stat and Willow.

Calm down your rabid fanboyism and see the intended statement. Which is - again - they do not have enough accomplished singles match workers to support two singles division belts. That's literally what I said.
If you can’t work a good singles match, then chances are pretty good you can’t work a good tag team match, especially if you have little to no experience doing tag team wrestling

And how many accomplished tag team match workers do they have to support a tag division? Hint: it’s a whole lot smaller than they do for singles…