Tim's Bio: Life From Da Bassment (20 Years Ago)

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This album followed the trend of producers dropping solo albums. The year 1998 had no shortage of producers who would drop solos:

• DJ Quik- Rhythmalism (also released on November 24, 1998)
  • RZA- Bobby Digital (also released on November 24, 1998)
  • Jermaine Dupri- Life In 1472

The above albums all get love to some degree. However, Timbaland's Tim's Bio is a slept on gem in the monster year that was 1998.

After having a big 1996 and 1997 seeing Aaliyah, Ginuwine, Missy, and his own album with Magoo all go platinum, Timbaland's 1998 would also see him triumph with Aaliyah's "Are You That Somebody" (which catapulted the Dr. Doolittle soundtrack to double platinum) and Nicole Wray's "Make It Hot". Tim attempted to cash in on the success with a solo album of his own. It was power packed full of stars and several newcomers. It seamlessly transitions from Hip Hop to R&B without missing a step.

Highlights:

That 808

Your Mom's "Friend"
Daps
Still bump this album from time to time.

John Blaze was :ohlawd:

jerzboy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Album was dope. I think this was my first introduction to ludacris.

Black Miller

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Columbia, SC via Niagara Falls, NY
definitely a great album, I remember feeling disappointed initially but now when I run it back- joint is sick and has great replay value to me. timbo is a dope rap producer I just prefer hearing him do r&b beats. that off kilter and wild switchups flow better with r&b. sometimes his beats can overpower rap lyrics and make me focus on the beat more than the lyrics. all those r&b songs he had on here was fire and basically all the way up to 03-04 was sick.

he then starting changing up stuff which was still dope in 06 with Justin and 09 also.