Tips for a brehette to diy on her car?

Yinny

Biracial a little bit
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
What are some essential things I should reasonably be able to do dolo?

I have AAA and a good mechanic but I’m toying with the idea of changing my own tires and oil (truly “for fun” and general “know-how”). What should I keep in the trunk and know how to do myself? It’s a Honda Accord over 10 years old that I keep maintained well, do all the routine maintenance and upkeep on time so I expect another few years out of her (cross fingers).

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Get a decent jack & keep it in the trunk
You don’t need to keep a jack in the trunk lol. The one that comes with the car is all that’s needed to be riding around with at all times.

Go to harbor freight, get a good jack and a set of jack stands and keep them HOME. Outside of maybe some jumper cables and a tire plug and patch set, you don’t really need to be riding around with anything.

When you say change tires do you mean rotating them?

Do you have any tools? To do oil changes you really just need a jack (you can get away with the one that comes with the car), stands, oil catch pan & funnel, socket or wrench set (you can get one for under $15-30)

Last edited:

RichieRich

Beg my pardon to Martin...
Daps
Reppin
Negroes with guns
Working on your own car is like therapy, I don’t do much but the stuff I can do is fun

Changing oil and maybe rotating tires is something you can start off with. Replacing belts, spark plugs, rotors can save you some $ too

Ain’t too much u need in your trunk, shop wipes, gas can, AR? I I keep a stroller and umbrella :manny: