Which two matches are you most looking forward to?

• Floyd 'Money' Mayweather Jr vs Conor McGregor

Votes: 96 73.8%
  • Gervonta 'Tank' Davis vs Francisco Fonseca [IBF Junior Lightweight Title Match]

Votes: 22 16.9%
  • Nathan Cleverley vs Badou Jack [WBA Light Heavyweight Title Match]

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Andrew Tabiti vs Steve Cunningham [USBA Cruiserweight Title Match]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shawn Porter vs Thomas Dulorme

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • Canelo is putting the beats on GGG Sept 16th stay tuned

Votes: 39 30.0%
  • GGG is putting the beats on Canelo Sept 16th stay tuned

Votes: 17 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
It is a joke. These people actually think it will confuse Floyd. Maidana, who is highly skilled, a monster puncher, and could have competed with anybody at 147, tried to rush and bully Floyd and literally landed one damaging punch in 24 rounds (and it was right at the bell as Floyd let up) and all he did was give debate to the activeness vs. effective aggression argument. Floyd still beat him easily both times.

McGregor is going to be gassed and off balance and wont be able to adjust like a boxer to a plan B or C (not like any boxers have once Floyd figures him out).

The beating that McGregor gets is solely in the hands of how much Mayweather wants to give out.

tumblr_o2lpr7iFcd1ukyi98o1_400.gif

Slow down breh that first 115-113 type of win wasn't easy Maidana gave Floyd all he could handle there that was the most impressive showing against Mayweather by anyone since Castillo.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps

Slow down breh that first 115-113 type of win wasn't easy Maidana gave Floyd all he could handle there that was the most impressive showing against Mayweather by anyone since Castillo.
Nah, I had the fight scored fairly close, but it was like I said Maidana pushing the boundaries of activity vs. Floyd, which I had always pegged as a way to steal rounds, but even Maidana wasn't putting in real work that was breaking down or hurting Floyd. Was it a physical fight, yes, but I never felt during that fight that Floyd was taking punches and I worried he might slow down or get get hurt.

That is why I think a lot of people thought Margarito or Punisher might cause Floyd some problems, because if you can stay active you can force Floyd into his defensive mindset and win rounds based on activity. Breaking down or hurting Floyd is another thing. We haven't seen a fighter tactically get over on Floyd for 12 rounds.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Nah, I had the fight scored fairly close, but it was like I said Maidana pushing the boundaries of activity vs. Floyd, which I had always pegged as a way to steal rounds, but even Maidana wasn't putting in real work that was breaking down or hurting Floyd. Was it a physical fight, yes, but I never felt during that fight that Floyd was taking punches and I worried he might slow down or get get hurt.

That is why I think a lot of people thought Margarito or Punisher might cause Floyd some problems, because if you can stay active you can force Floyd into his defensive mindset and win rounds based on activity. Breaking down or hurting Floyd is another thing. We haven't seen a fighter tactically get over on Floyd for 12 rounds.
I had it a close but clear w for Floyd 115-113

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
I had it a close but clear w for Floyd 115-113
I agree. It was a close fight. I don't remember, I scored it either 8-4 or 7-5 for Floyd.

My thing about that fight is Maidana won rounds by putting Mayweather on his defensive heels and being forcefully aggressive. I don't think his aggression led to a massive amount of damage or punches being landed, but his aggressiveness forced Mayweather to be in a defensive shell and not open up as much offensively. Great strategy. Also amazing that a fighter as good as Maidana, despite his forceful aggression was never able to really put Mayweather in a bad spot other than outhustling rounds from him.

I guess that is my full point. Maidana outhustled Mayweather and fought by letting his hands go in ways that other fighters have talked about but never did. My purpose isn't to disparage Maidana, because he gave Floyd one of the toughest fights of his career and the fans one of the better Floyd fights to watch. The thing is that despite all that success, Floyd was still defensively able to neutralize a lot of the punches Maidana threw and we were scoring a lot on output and not necessarily on there being decisive punches landed. Maidana was a top 10, probably top 5 WW at that point, and McGregor fans think they can imitate that. :mjlol:

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
If I had to put money I'd say Floyd wins easily in a decision.

But to me the interesting part of this fight is the mental aspect. For the first time in a long time a fighter is completely unintimidated by Floyd, and is in Floyd's head when it's usually the other way around. How that plays out in the ring who knows but it could have an effect.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
If I had to put money I'd say Floyd wins easily in a decision.

But to me the interesting part of this fight is the mental aspect. For the first time in a long time a fighter is completely unintimidated by Floyd, and is in Floyd's head when it's usually the other way around. How that plays out in the ring who knows but it could have an effect.
Mayweather wasn't really into Hopkins like mind games though

I don't think Chino, Pac or Ortiz and some others were intimidated by him.
Mayweather's mental game is rather to rule the environment, dictating all the terms, the way the things go down. Gloves, weight, venue, payoffs, broadcaster, he makes it very clear that he's the A side, the "boss" that's pretty much his mind game and it's no different here. If he would have wanted to he could even tell to McGregor what type of boots and shorts he will wear in that ring.

Daps

Floyd clearly beat him but I feel Mayweather vs. Cotto is a classic fight. What you think about that fight?

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
This scripted contrived circus completely overshadowing this weekend's epic Bones/DC match. :mjlol:

I guess Bones junkie ass has no one to blame but himself. :francis:
Isn't that a rematch though?

in boxing we gonna have Mikey Garcia vs Broner this weekend and it gets fairly big coverage