TNCoates—First White POTUS—Foundation of Donald Trump’s presidency is the rejection of Barack Obama

LexLuthor

CEO of LexCorp
Daps
He's won the National Book Award for We We're Eight Years in Power. This essay is an actual excerpt from the book. I'm about to go cop this today. This is straight black literary excellence and its sad that most won't read it because it's too long.

He won it for "Between The World And Me" not for We Were Eight Years In Power....and it's not out yet...comes out 10/3....I managed to get my hands on a Advance Copy Last Week However...Book is flames

Wear My Dawg's Hat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land That Time Forgot
But in the article you posted, who was Reagan's opponent? Jimmy Carter, who the article states, defended segregation and favored "ethnic purity." It didn't matter who won that election, white supremacy was not being threatened.

That was not the case with this election.

Trump's opponent was Hillary Clinton who was the "co-president" of an administration
that "ended welfare as we know it," signed the Crime Bill and offered Midnight basketball
to black children as a way out of poverty.

A vote for Hillary was a vote against white supremacy?

Trump is but Reagan's summer intern when it comes to white supremacy.

invalid

Banned
Daps
Trump's opponent was Hillary Clinton who was the "co-president" of an administration
that "ended welfare as we know it," signed the Crime Bill and offered Midnight basketball
to black children as a way out of poverty.

A vote for Hillary was a vote against white supremacy?

Trump is but Reagan's summer intern when it comes to white supremacy.

A vote for Hillary was a vote to maintain a black man's legacy.

Wear My Dawg's Hat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land That Time Forgot
A vote for Hillary was a vote to maintain a black man's legacy.

Are you sure about that?

IMG_7836_resized.jpg.CROP.promovar-mediumlarge.jpg

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh...you stating the obvious and also missing the point. Anyone who studied political history is well aware of the parallels of DT campaign to that of Reagans. Everybody knows this. I'm pretty sure Ta Nehisi is aware of it, the historians he got to fact check is essay are aware of it, as well as the people at the Atlantic. Everybody knows that DT pulled aspects of Reagan's campaign and incorporated into his own.

No one is not saying that past presidents weren't white supremacist. In an earlier response, I said that past presidents were operating in a climate where white supremacy was the modus operandi. Of course they had to use white supremacist talking points to galvanize southern white voters. But in the article you posted, who was Reagan's opponent? Jimmy Carter, who the article states, defended segregation and favored "ethnic purity." It didn't matter who won that election, white supremacy was not being threatened.

That was not the case with this election.

Also, Reagan was more of a tool for pushing neo-liberal policies, which doesn't benefit all white people, just the one percent.

All policies are for the one percent. This why coates and people on this board dont get it.

Daps
Woodrow Wilson showed "A Birth of a Nation" at the Whitehouse. He helped ressurrect the KKK movement by allowing such filth to be shown. He was a KKK member and a Democrat.
I'm not sure why you mentioned his political affiliation, as if that matters. Political affiliation doesn't, and never has, precluded anyone from being a racist.

But once again, simply based on what you said, my question still stands. What you said doesn't suggest wielding white supremacy. Unless I'm missing some context to your statement, whiteness on the foundation of white supremacy was just the status quo. In order to wield whiteness, there has to be some counter force (real or perceived) against whiteness.

ridedolo

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
dr welsing understood this because she understood the psychology of racism white supremacy so she was able to predict this before she died. and that's when trump was considered a joke.

"donald trump, i say meet your next president....donald trump has pulled the hood off of, the sheet off of, the cover off of, the system of racism white supremacy. see he pulled it off and he's talking with more clarity than anybody else. all the other candidates quietly are thinking about racism but they're not talking overtly about it...Donald trumps trump card is the race card in the system of racism white supremacy. i say facism is instage white supremacy. just like in nazi germany."

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not sure why you mentioned his political affiliation, as if that matters. Political affiliation doesn't, and never has, precluded anyone from being a racist.

But once again, simply based on what you said, my question still stands. What you said doesn't suggest wielding white supremacy. Unless I'm missing some context to your statement, whiteness on the foundation of white supremacy was just the status quo. In order to wield whiteness, there has to be some counter force (real or perceived) against whiteness.

It shouldnt matter but it points out both sides have a dirty past...this forum fails to address. Just ignoring the true wield history to make up one as they go is showing who is protecting white supremacy.