To The Victor Go The Spurs - The Official 2023-2024 San Antonio Spurs Season Thread

VBM

┌∩┐(●_●)┌∩┐
Daps
Reppin
Dallas by way of Houston by way of San Antonio
Draft Day is upon us, Spurs brethren. Seems like as good a time as any to kick off a new season thread for the Silver and Black. :banderas:

One of my favorite horror movies (although technically not a movie) growing up was Stephen King's IT. I was 8 years old :flabbynsick:, but to a kid like me, the OG Pennywise was a god-tier monster.

pennywise-it.gif

Thanks to the reboot, most of y'all know the story of Pennywise. Killer clown/cosmic entity that returns once every 27 years or so to wreak havoc on the town of Derry, ME. Even when thought to be defeated, he returns again.

it-clown-pennywise-balloon-ntimc31jvu2cxq5a.gif

There are no killer clowns in San Antonio. However, it seems like every decade or so, there's an event that shakes up the city, the Spurs and the NBA itself...

1200x0.jpg

In 1987, the Spurs won the NBA draft lottery to land David Robinson, an OG top 50 player of all time and hall of famer.

In 1997, the Spurs won the NBA draft lottery to land Tim Duncan, the greatest player to put a San Antonio uniform on and certified top 10 of all time.

Following nearly 30 years of non-stop winning, the wheels finally fell off in 2017 when Kawhi Leonard went on sabbatical and tanked the Spurs season (and future). The monster created by lotto victories of the past was dead...

main-qimg-3cb6edadca8478924914b5d0d276fda8-lq

...or so we thought.

36 years after the Spurs won the right to draft David Robinson, and 26 years after they won the right to draft Tim Duncan, the Spurs struck lotto gold again. Team Tank won. Victor Wembanyama, the basketball version of Slender Man himself, is coming to South Texas.

This is why we dusted off the tank after 26 years. After the retirement of DunGawd and the meddling of Uncle Dennis, the future seemed bleak. But Pop, Brian Wright, R.C. Buford and co. had a plan. Stack draft picks, deal treadmill champs DeRozan, LMA and Murray away, and lock in on the 2023 draft. The plan worked, and now, in a matter of hours, the new franchise star will be here.

The OP will likely see a few edits in the days to come (if not hours should the Spurs do something crazy to trade back into the first around for another pick). For now, we're looking at a potential swiss army knife lineup like the following:

PG: Jeremy Sochan (a jumper away from being a real problem in this league)
SG: Devin Vassell (when healthy, looks like the best combo of offense and defense on the perimeter)
SF: Keldon Johnson (not the ideal spot for him defensively, but more on that in a minute)
PF: Victor Wembanyama (a true alien on the court who can erase every defensive breakdown on the perimeter)
C: Zach Collins (should handle the dirty work in the paint)​

There's been talk of letting Sochan run the point given Tre Jones potential FA status (as well as the fact that Tre probably shouldn't be starting for any team with title aspirations). And that is what the chatter is now. Forget a 15-year rebuild (sup Dejounte :sas2:).

The window has now opened again in San Antonio. Go Spurs Go!

Draft Picks: Victor Wembanyama, Sidy Cissoko
Key Additions: Tre Jones; Julian Champagnie; Sandro Mamukelashvili; Cedi Osman;
Key Losses: Keita Bates-Diop​

@Da King
@Cycloneon
@Remote
@duckbutta
@AlbertPullhoez
@360dagod
@lightskin jermaine
@DonkeyPuncher718
@DrexlersFade
@malbaker86
@FAH1223
@BodieBroadus
@8====D
@twan83
@Zyne
@mad82109
@the kid
@KingTut
@jahsoul357
@DuncanWebayama
@Coli Hoecomb
@OnlyFrans

Last edited:

Coli Hoecomb

Trollin' in my 64'
Daps
Reppin
East Coast All Stars
Draft Day is upon us, Spurs brethren. Seems like as good a time as any to kick off a new season thread for the Silver and Black. :banderas:

One of my favorite horror movies (although technically not a movie) growing up was Stephen King's IT. I was 8 years old :flabbynsick:, but to a kid like me, the OG Pennywise was a god-tier monster.

pennywise-it.gif

Thanks to the reboot, most of y'all know the story of Pennywise. Killer clown/cosmic entity that returns once every 27 years or so to wreak havoc on the town of Derry, ME. Even when thought to be defeated, he returns again.

it-clown-pennywise-balloon-ntimc31jvu2cxq5a.gif

There are no killer clowns in San Antonio. However, it seems like every decade or so, there's an event that shakes up the city, the Spurs and the NBA itself...

1200x0.jpg

In 1987, the Spurs won the NBA draft lottery to land David Robinson, an OG top 50 player of all time and hall of famer.

In 1997, the Spurs won the NBA draft lottery to land Tim Duncan, the greatest player to put a San Antonio uniform on and certified top 10 of all time.

Following nearly 30 years of non-stop winning, the wheels finally fell off in 2017 when Kawhi Leonard went on sabbatical and tanked the Spurs season (and future). The monster created by lotto victories of the past was dead...

main-qimg-3cb6edadca8478924914b5d0d276fda8-lq

...or so we thought.

36 years after the Spurs won the right to draft David Robinson, and 26 years after they won the right to draft Tim Duncan, the Spurs struck lotto gold again. Team Tank won. Victor Wembanyama, the basketball version of Slender Man himself, is coming to South Texas.

This is why we dusted off the tank after 26 years. After the retirement of DunGawd and the meddling of Uncle Dennis, the future seemed bleak. But Pop, Brian Wright, R.C. Buford and co. had a plan. Stack draft picks, deal treadmill champs DeRozan, LMA and Murray away, and lock in on the 2023 draft. The plan worked, and now, in a matter of hours, the new franchise star will be here.

The OP will likely see a few edits in the days to come (if not hours should the Spurs do something crazy to trade back into the first around for another pick). For now, we're looking at a potential swiss army knife lineup like the following:

PG: Jeremy Sochan (a jumper away from being a real problem in this league)
SG: Devin Vassell (when healthy, looks like the best combo of offense and defense on the perimeter)
SF: Keldon Johnson (not the ideal spot for him defensively, but more on that in a minute)
PF: Victor Wembanyama (a true alien on the court who can erase every defensive breakdown on the perimeter)
C: Zach Collins (should handle the dirty work in the paint)​

There's been talk of letting Sochan run the point given Tre Jones potential FA status (as well as the fact that Tre probably shouldn't be starting for any team with title aspirations). And that is what the chatter is now. Forget a 15-year rebuild (sup DeJounte :sas2:).

The window has now opened again in San Antonio. Go Spurs Go!

Draft Picks: Victor Wembanyama
Key Additions:
Key Losses:

@Da King
@Cycloneon
@Remote
@duckbutta
@AlbertPullhoez
@360dagod
@lightskin jermaine
@DonkeyPuncher718
@DrexlersFade
@malbaker86
@FAH1223
@BodieBroadus
@8====D
@twan83
@Zyne
@mad82109
@the kid
@KingTut
@jahsoul357
@DuncanWebayama

@ me bro

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
Really happy I didn't have to redo the entire OP :russ:

Wemby is here! Tank gang!
Pop and the front office ran a world class tank job. What a ride. I think it took a few years off my life but it's worth it. My son gets to grow up in the Wemby era like I did with D Rob:wow:

Last edited: