Tony Gwynn was the human made up Sportscenter fact

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
I was a kid growing up in San Diego when he was with the Padres, but I was dwelling in the south east.Nobody seemed to give a shyt about baseball.I only remember one Mexican dude in my 3rd grade class rocking a Padres hat.Ever....Other than that, it was all about the Lakers.To a smaller extent, the Chargers.San Diego is more of a transplant city.You were liable to see more Cowboy, Steeler, Raider fans than Charger fans.The city would rally around them during a playoff run, but outside of that;lukewarm interest.
My dad's side of the family all lived in southeast and I remember people being hype about world series and the local teams in general but maybe that was just my fam

Where I went to school folks always like chargers and padres. Now everyone is always wearing padres gear.

Last edited:

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
It would've been interesting to see a guy like him in today's game with all the technological advances on both sides. How would he adjust as a hitter and how would pitchers/defensive alignment adjust for him?

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I hope this is accurate because I don't pay for Stathead. I really miss when you could look up specific things on Baseball-Reference.com but a lot of it is behind a paywall and I understand they have to generate revenue somehow.

Anyway,

Tony Gwynn vs Greg Maddux:

103 plate appearances
.429/.485/.538
0 strikeouts

That's not a typo.
ZERO STRIKEOUTS.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I hope this is accurate because I don't pay for Stathead. I really miss when you could look up specific things on Baseball-Reference.com but a lot of it is behind a paywall and I understand they have to generate revenue somehow.

Anyway,

103 plate appearances
.429/.485/.538
0 strikeouts

That's not a typo.
ZERO STRIKEOUTS.

images

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Anyway,

103 plate appearances
.429/.485/.538
0 strikeouts

That's not a typo.
ZERO STRIKEOUTS.

Greg Maddux had an interviewer ask him is Tony Gwynn the “Greg Maddux” of hitting. And Greg said that was disrespectful to Tony