Tony Gwynn was the human made up Sportscenter fact

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown
Alicia Gwynn said her husband spent a sleepless night before the 2007 Hall of Fame voting results were announced.

“I probably won’t make the first cut, Alicia,” he said. “Because I’m a Punch and Judy hitter. No Punch and Judy hitter has ever gone into the Hall (on the first ballot).”

“He said he thought he had a 50/50 chance,” Alicia said.

:wow:

That's an issue I have with the baseball HOF. How on earth was he not a UNANIMOUS first ballot selection?!

There is no legitimate reason to not have voted for him.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps

1-2 hitting that slider how :wow:

I’ll tell you how. When you want to hit the opposite field and you recognize the pitch going outside, you let the bat go slightly with your top hand during the course of your swing because that’s the hand that forces you to pull a ball. By letting go with that top hand a little early the bottom hand allows the bat to stay in the strike zone a little longer, allowing you to spank the ball to the opposite field. That was my opposite field hitting approach.

It was one thing for me to that shyt in HS, but its another thing for this dude to do that versus hall of fame fukking pitchers

Last edited:

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown
I’ll tell you how. When you want to hit the opposite field and you recognize the pitch going outside, you let the bat go slightly with your top hand during the course of your swing because that’s the hand that forces you to pull a ball. By letting go with that top hand a little early the bottom hand the bat flatter and stays in the strike zone longer allowing you to spank the ball to the opposite field. It was one thing for me to that shyt in HS, but its another thing for this dude to do that versus hall of fame fukking pitchers

It's incredible.

Honestly, I haven't seen a thread about one player where I've been more blown away with certain statistics and accomplishments than this thread. It's Honestly hard to comprehend how unbelievable some of his feats are.:mindblown:.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Thats the craziest one for me.

Not only was he actually good but you dont often find players who played Basketball and Baseball in college. Football and baseball yes, football and basketball yes, but not basketball and baseball.

Danny Ainge was the NCAA National Basketball Player of the Year while simultaneously playing 2nd base for the Blue Jays for three seasons.

Also the only person in history to be 1st-team All-American in baseball, basketball, AND football. Worked out with the BYU football team a little while he was there and the wide receiver coach said he could have started for them on the spot. That was back when Jim McMahon was their quarterback, they were an elite top-15 team and had the top-ranked offense in the nation.