Top 10 plays of Jason "White Chocolate" Williams

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
That list meant nothing though. Put it in context. J. Will averaged 2 TOs a game for his career, and Isiah Thomas averged nearly 4. Yet if you check the advanced stats, Zeke and J. Wll have nearly identical Turnover %s, while Zeke's Assist % was significantly better.

Jason Williams was turnover prone, and he was mediocre to piss poor at every single aspect of basketball outside of And-1 highlights.

Turnover prone implies that he was very careless with the ball; which he was never. He ALWAYS had complete control of the ball. His passes were precise. His assist numbers take a hit because he played on possibly the best passing team of all-time. But you couldn't take the ball from him, and he didn't give it away.

DId he make unnecessary passes? Yup. He only played at one speed, he struggled with properly running an offense, was inept at scoring, but never turnover prone.

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Turnover prone implies that he was very careless with the ball; which he was never. He ALWAYS had complete control of the ball. His passes were precise. His assist numbers take a hit because he played on possibly the best passing team of all-time. But you couldn't take the ball from him, and he didn't give it away.

DId he make unnecessary passes? Yup. He only played at one speed, he struggled with properly running an offense, was inept at scoring, but never turnover prone.

:rudy:

So when he actually ran point with legit PG freedom, he averaged a bunch of TOs and had an awful A:TO ratio but he wasn't turnover prone. Aight, cool.

Jason Willams is a glorified Hot Sauce. Not even a top 100 PG and people are testifying on his behalf because... because... because... He has a highlight reel?

Jason Williams sucks. Period. A very shiitty player.

flea

Legend
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
Him and Chris webber :wow: I remember a game he had while on the grizzlies and the announcer said "someone oughta tell jason williams this isn't a snickers commercial" after dribbling the ball idle behind his back. He was falling off at that point

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
:rudy:

So when he actually ran point with legit PG freedom, he averaged a bunch of TOs and had an awful A:TO ratio but he wasn't turnover prone. Aight, cool.

Jason Willams is a glorified Hot Sauce. Not even a top 100 PG and people are testifying on his behalf because... because... because... He has a highlight reel?

Jason Williams sucks. Period. A very shiitty player.

Averaged a bunch of TOs? When? 1season. Rookie year? 2nd year? He's was over 2:1 A:TO since like his 3rd year in the league. Probably the same as most other elite PGs. Glorified Hot Sauce is ridiculous, since most of the ish Hot Sauce did was illegal. He has a better handle and court vision than Skip as well, so I would never rank him with them.

I never said he was great. He's not even a blip on most basketball fans radar. I said he wasn't TO prone. He never lost control of his dribble, and never gave the ball away. You never saw a Jason Williams pass to a teammate get picked off and was a fast break the other way. He did play with reckless abandonment, do ish that gives coaches greys and couldn't score.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
One of my favorite players in that era. Pulled off the elbow pass in a game in middle school. Felt like a hero. :wow:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Him and Chris webber :wow: I remember a game he had while on the grizzlies and the announcer said "someone oughta tell jason williams this isn't a snickers commercial" after dribbling the ball idle behind his back. He was falling off at that point

i loved that kings team

and they had bobby jackson as backup pg

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
Im beginning to think Adelman fukked up his career. If he had a better coach as a rookie, he woulda been way better. Hubie turned hin into a winner. I never thought he would be a champion. I was really happy for him when he got a ring :to:

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
rondo numba 9 ended his career tho

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Averaged a bunch of TOs? When? 1season. Rookie year? 2nd year? He's was over 2:1 A:TO since like his 3rd year in the league. Probably the same as most other elite PGs.

Two of his first three years, yes. And because he was such a mediocre PG in all aspects, he was relegated to a Mario Chalmers role ever after. And even with the reins placed on him, which limited his "creativity" and improved his TO numbers, his TO % still rated as high as PGs who averaged more TOs, while his assist% lagged behind them. Jason Williams was turnover prone and not assist prone. He also pretty much sucked at professional basketball.

Glorified Hot Sauce is ridiculous, since most of the ish Hot Sauce did was illegal. He has a better handle and court vision than Skip as well, so I would never rank him with them.
:manny:

I think it's spot on. When you get past the oohs and ahs his very best highlights elicit, you're left with a fukking bum.

I never said he was great. He's not even a blip on most basketball fans radar. I said he wasn't TO prone. He never lost control of his dribble, and never gave the ball away. You never saw a Jason Williams pass to a teammate get picked off and was a fast break the other way. He did play with reckless abandonment, do ish that gives coaches greys and couldn't score.

He was TO prone. When he had PG freedom he turned the ball over and assisted at a low rate. This bizarre standard you're using of never losing control of his dribble... How many NBA PGs do? You're looking at his TOs in Sac and telling me he wasn't TO prone because he kept his dribble? Then you're highlighting his subsequent average ass A:T ratio, which came as a result of him being relegated to Mario Chalmers status.

Jason Williams was incredibly fun to watch early in his career. He also was garbage.