Tory Lanez - Alone At Prom + Deluxe Version (Discussion Thread)

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
From my perspective, I’m not talking about soul as in the genre of music, but I mean it literally, there’s no depth or feeling to it, just manufactured sounding and contrived, like “let’s make an 80s sound”, but no actual substance or feeling behind it like the real 80s songs had
:usure:

I'm a 77 Baby now this album is a New Wave/ electro pop album and that's how them songs were. Now Ray Parker Jr, Huey Lewis, Phil Collins, Cyndi Lauper, A Ha, Duran Duran, Prince, The Time, Jesse Johnson, Michael Jackson and shyt like that he wasn't aiming for and I get what you saying. But this is Regular 80's New Wave Pop which alot have no substance just shyt that goes in the club and Saturday night after a Coke binged night, this some Mami Vice type vibe shyt

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
Word Up! Let me give Tory Lanez his props, His writing on this album is crazy. This Young Man put in the work and studied 80's music and studied how the writer's wrote songs in that era, these songs sound like it was written in the 80's you can tell he listened to alot of Prince from Dirty Mind to Controversy and what Prince wrote for The Time and Jesse Johnson also

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Daps
I slept on dude for so long he solidified himself as the goat with this, this and chixtape 5 are certified classics