Toy Story 4 (Official Discussion Thread) (June 21)

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
Yo Toy Story of Terror is the shyt. They could have straight up made that a movie on it's own. I love Toy Story That Time Forgot as well. They legit need to keep pushing out those Shorts. Forky and Knifey need their own. So does Woody and Bow and and Carnival gang.
I won't lie bruh this was my childhood. Everyone has that one franchise that defines them as a child. Mine is The Simpsons (which I still love) and Toy Story. So that's why I feel TS4 was sad. My 30 year old ass is having a hard time letting go of the fact TS4 may have been the last film lol.

With Disney+ coming in September though, I'm hopeful we get shorts and specials for the future. I know they already announced Forky will have a series of shorts on there called "Forky Asks A Question"
Pixar Creating Forky-Focused Short Films For Disney+
:blessed:

But I'm hoping for more specials similar to Toy Story of Terror and Toy Story That Time Forgot.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Well I hope they do keep making the shorts and specials. I watch Toy Story of Terror every Halloween.

But
It'll still be sad not seeing Woody and Buzz on adventures together anymore. I'm happy Woody ended his arc with the person he loves, and happy that Jessie is the ringleader now (although from earlier in the movie it seemed like Dolly to Bonnie was what Woody was to Andy), but idk...it's still sad. I left Toy Story 3 with a happy sadness. I left Toy Story 4 just plain sad. The movie did a great job though with Buzz's story in that he took that leap to be The Man now for the future when it comes to being a hero (although he kind of had a similar arc in Toy Story 2 when he had to lead the toys w/o Woody).

I feel like the fact that I see this as a happy ending, even happier than 3 is a sign of real maturity to me :wow: younger, more selfish me might have damn near hated it. Everybody got the life they wanted to live in the end, even if it means the full crew is done :mjcry:

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
I was watching a video about Toy Story 2. Hard to believe it was originally going to be DTV and it also almost got deleted out of existence due to an error. :picard:

Imagine being in the tech room and watching Woody slowly disappear and there's nothing that you can do about it. :damn:

And then after all that panic, anxiety, stress, damn near out of body experiences, they STILL ended up not going with that footage. Goodness.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
I was watching a video about Toy Story 2. Hard to believe it was originally going to be DTV and it also almost got deleted out of existence due to an error. :picard:

Imagine being in the tech room and watching Woody slowly disappear and there's nothing that you can do about it. :damn:

That movie was like the production from hell. I had no idea they threw out almost the entire movie with less than a year to go. :damn:

It takes nine months to make an episode of The Simpsons. Imagine trying to make the sequel to an all-time classic in nine months. That's what these guys had to do and they ended up with the animated equivalent of The Godfather II or Empire Strikes Back. :mindblown:

Pixar's just built differently. That's why they took 11 years to come out with a third one. :wow:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Quick question y’all: saw the first two, but never did get around to watching the third. I know everybody is talking about how well that joint ended and what not...but is it super necessary to watch the third first before seeing this newer one?
The emotional aspect wont be as strong if you dont watch the 3rd.

Its about the toys coming to terms with the fact that Andy is a grown man and too old to be playing with toys.

It's a great movie, watch it.

jdashmaj

Sixers/Bulls Fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Jersey in a new jersey
I took my kids to see it yesterday it was the best Disney movie in years. But watching it adult me couldn’t get past the fact Andy wanted to keep Woody in 3. He went out of his way giving his favorite toy that he wanted to take with him to college only for Bonnie to not bother with him :gucci: .

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I took my kids to see it yesterday it was the best Disney movie in years. But watching it adult me couldn’t get past the fact Andy wanted to keep Woody in 3. He went out of his way giving his favorite toy that he wanted to take with him to college only for Bonnie to not bother with him :gucci: .

That bothered me as well. He gave a great speech to Bonnie at the end of 3 about Woody, and while she played with Woody, she basically cast him out. One day, she'll realize he's missing, and that's kind of sad.

EDIT - Honestly, I loved 4, but still 3 was the perfect ending for everyone. :to:

Last edited: