Travel Gang Y'all Heard About this Brutha Murdered in Colombia?

Discussion in 'The Locker Room' started by Texasvescence, Apr 25, 2021.

1. Wiseborn

Wiseborn Superstar

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

How could I talk about spots I haven't been too? How can I talk about shyt I haven't directly experienced. Yes I'm Generalizing Do you know how long these posts would be without generalizing?

Tell me what I'm wrong about.

My main point is in the developing world dating apps are used mainly to get to foreign men because locals tend to holla at women or women try to holla at them in person. Again not all but most.

I haven't seen the Kibera equivalent in Santo Domingo (although Christo Rey comes close) or in Cali so far.

That being said I walked about Kibera mainly by mistake by myself without a care in the world, I wouldn't do that in Trenchtown in Jamaica and Philly Dom himself told me to stay out of Haiti for the time being.

2. Charlie Hustle

Charlie Hustle Light Bringer Supporter

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Sin City
    Coli Cash:
    $100500.00

I stayed in the Westlands and kept a low profile. Nobody knew I wasn't Kenyan until I spoke.

Wiseborn dapped this.
  3. Wiseborn

Wiseborn Superstar

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

Again I don't want to start shytting on Africa but we can start with the lack of Cows eating trash in the DR and Colombia first. Again comparing much richer Nairobi to poorer Dar and Arusha there were no Cows eating garbage in the streets. I didn't even see the standard Hotel bar restaurant butcher shops in Dar. There's no way I'd eat street meat in Nairobi after seeing what those Cows and Goats ate.

4. Wiseborn

Wiseborn Superstar

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

same with me. I used to get Hujambo all the time.

Charlie Hustle dapped this.
  5. RTF

RTF 2Trill Supporter

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $337245.00

Again not specific to Colombia.

But most countries operate on a relationship basis. You can only get places based on who you know because you need to grease their palms to get things moving. So if you're coming from outside and don't grease any hands... things won't get done or you'll have issues. In dangerous countries like Colombia, it might lead easily to violence.

Like in the USA. You buy a commercial property, in most cases you don't know breh from anywhere. You sort out the legalities, it's yours with minimal issue. Any issues are discussed contractually and with lawyers in the main.

If you buy an apartment block with rentals... it's much the same but you still might have to deal with people issues... which can also be settled via the law but will take time and expense.

Unless the Mafia is involved.

In most of the world.. you can't just do that. It's like everyone is in the Mafia. Someone will claim they actually own some land and can make it difficult for you to continue. You may need to grease palms to get work you've already paid for done properly. But throw in rental housing that people already live in? Man... recipe for disaster.

Like I said... dude was doing too much. I will speculate that he needed to be in the pockets of some local people and he didn't. He might've thought he didn't need too. In Colombia, you can get killed for that easily. That's why I say business is built on relationships throughout most of the world. In the USA, you can do more things by the book and it can work.

6. RTF

RTF 2Trill Supporter

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $337245.00

I'm agreeing with you breh. The poverty in Africa is a different level to Colombia.

7. Swahili P'Bitek

Swahili P'Bitek Absorbingpovertywithoutlimitations

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Mtaani
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

:dead:
    A lot of Kenyans like ignoring what's straight up in their face. Some people in the Northern part of this country live like it's mad max. The poverty I witnessed in some parts of the coast only God knows.Yet we are in the top 5 list of most developed African countries. The grazing cows belong to a pastoralist group with freedom to roam the city as the land was traditionally theirs btw.

On the crime rate in the urban areas, the places with gang culture and high criminality from my experience are often shielded from people who don't live there. Most people act shocked when the Media makes stories of execution of teen criminals and collusion between police and criminals when this has been going on in those areas for almost 20 yrs and is normal. Since the police control crime, they rarely let it spill to Westlands, but maintain it in the East side of town and the slums.

I live in a very sketchy area, but I can walk at night without fear of getting robbed or killed, because the area I stay is not traditionally a criminal place. When I look at dangerous areas in the new world, I'm shocked that so much violence occurs there.

JQ Legend and Wiseborn dapped this.
  8. Wiseborn

Wiseborn Superstar

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

This why I'm an Airbnb Host to two properties that I rent. In one place I was a Airbnb guest first and when I moved there I was pissed that it was a deluxe apartment in the sky with elevators that had a fukking dirt road. This was off a Major International Highway, I couldn't believe that someone built a multibuilding complex complete with a swimming pools on a fukking dirt road.

I ended up loving the place so much that I rented a unit. In a year they built a smooth ass road, yet the Highway has potholes, obviously palms were greased to get that road.

9. Wiseborn

Wiseborn Superstar

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

I didn't know this but yeah they just expanded the hell out of the city. Kitengela is blowing up I'm thinking about getting a place there near the ostrich farm.

That's the thing about Africa they don't really think about land ownership in the same way europeans think about it. You can buy the land but cows can still graze whereever because it's ancestral land. You can't just buy land in Kajado county and fence it off and not allow people to feed their cattle or draw water shyt is communal.

You're also right about the crime shyt is contained pretty well mainly in spots like Eastleigh while the Westlands like rich places all over the globe especially in places like Ruiru could easily be in Beverly Hills in the states.

But fukkery and corruption is for everyone I remember that scandal a year or two ago when they dumped those people's septic tanks everywhere and brought back the drinking water in the same damn trucks. I was glad that I lived on the grid and not out in the cut.

Swahili P'Bitek dapped this.
  10. Uitomy

Uitomy Superstar

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
    Coli Cash:
    $739.05

No cap I just found out this was my wife's cousin, want close to him or nothing but man this shyt is eerie af

11. Wiseborn

Wiseborn Superstar

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

That's crazy.

12. Texasvescence

Texasvescence Got Warrants In Every City Except Houston

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    TEXAS ((We're Still FULL!!))
    Coli Cash: