Traveling brehs need help on setting up a trip to japan

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
No lie it is man I got smoke coming out of my ears on this one
Why Japan? what do you want to do on your trip? Japan especially Tokyo is insanely expensive.

I wouldn't go to an Island outside of Trinidad, Jamaica Cuba or the DR without a girl but that would be a nice short trip to get your toes in the water.

Canada would be even better (in the summer) I guess Costa Rica or Panama would be Ok too. Panama uses the US dollar so it's easier to aviod being over charged.

Idaeo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DC
I want to plan my first overseas trip to japan next year. I just got my passport but don't know where to start. I want to know how much money I'll need, booking hotels over there, Plane tickets etc
shyt I don't care if I stay in a motel 8 and eating noodles. I just want to kick it over there and possibly hit up some clubs

Any help would be appreciated 🙏

I would start with Tokyo

Shinjuku is where most reasonably priced (~$80/night ) hotels are. Also a central neighborhood with tons of restaurants and bars

I’d say you’d need around $80-100/day for food and subway costs.

Wikitravel is a good start to educate yourself on how the city is layed out. Also try to familiarize yourself with the different train lines, learn the lines of trains stations you’ll be staying near.

Recommend buying a SIM card or renting a Wi-Fi hotspot at the airport when you land. There isn’t much free wifi around the city.

Neighborhoods not to miss: Roppongi(bars, shopping), Harajuku(streetwear), Shinjuku, Shibuya(shopping), Akihabra(massive electronic stores, maid cafes), Odaiba (sega indoor arcade/amusement park)

Food: Tokyo station ramen food court, harajuku gyozaro, butagami, coco curry, tsukiji fish market

What’s your budget?

Last edited:

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
I have some knowledge on Japan and the culture. Got a good friend that lives there with his wife.

I want to do somewhere out my comfort zone
If that's the case and you got a connect then go to Japan but again that flight is a beast. If I had time I'd pick somewhere in europe to have a long layover to get off the plane and strech your legs. Because I would go carzy being on a bird that long in cattle class especially coming from the east coast.

Vodun

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Prime creator
I would start with Tokyo

Shinjuku is where most reasonably priced (~$80/night ) hotels are. Also a central neighborhood with tons of restaurants and bars

I’d say you’d need around $80-100/day for food and subway costs.

Wikitravel is a good start to educate yourself on how the city is layed out. Also try to familiarize yourself with the different train lines, learn the lines of trains stations you’ll be staying near.

Recommend buying a SIM card or renting a Wi-Fi hotspot at the airport when you land. There isn’t much free wifi around the city.

Neighborhoods not to miss: Roppongi(bars, shopping), Harajuku(streetwear), Shinjuku, Shibuya(shopping), Akihabra(massive electronic stores, maid cafes), Odaiba (sega indoor arcade/amusement park)

Food: Tokyo station ramen food court, harajuku gyozaro, butagami, coco curry, tsukiji fish market

What’s your budget?
Yea Shinjuku is where I want to kick it at from what I heard its lit over there.

My budget I'll say for pocket change $1000

Anton

All Star
Daps
Based on the pictures alone it would be crazy to be strolling along the beach without the love of your life by your side.

shyt is too romantic.
Ima bring Teanna Trump

81ayO6E.jpg

8====D

¡Vamos Spurs Vamos!
Daps
Reppin
210 | 334
Just started planning my trip to Japan too! What a crazy fukking coincidence I saw this thread lol

I'm planning a three week plus trip with a homie - Fall/Winter 2025.

Tokyo. Kobe. Osaka. Kyoto. Sapporo - just to name a few places I'm trying to hit up.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Yea Shinjuku is where I want to kick it at from what I heard its lit over there.

My budget I'll say for pocket change $1000

How long do you plan on staying?

$1000 might not be enough

:ohlawd:

Windows 91

Unreleased Operating System
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
C:\
Do more than just Tokyo if you can. Gives you a chance to try more regional foods, ride the shinkansen, and see the different vibes throughout the country. Osaka is the food capital of Japan, and Kyoto/Nara have so many temples and religious sites, it's a nice slowdown from the huge cities. Miyajima island outside of Hiroshima with the giant floating Torii gate is beautiful and a great day trip. Nagasaki was my favorite, felt like I time traveled with the old school street cars like 1900 San Francisco.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
I guess those wouldn't be bad places to go maybe more english is spoken but again the flight, And the fish out of water aspect. Japanese script is way different than english script it's not like you could say Let me uso el telephonea and be understood.

obviously there's a lot of english speakers there but being in a spot that you know no one it possibly getting off a red eye you could be super lost.

There's not a lot of English speakers in Japan (at least in Tokyo). You might have better luck near an air force base. This was back in 2007-2008

I've been there for 3 different business trips so I can't speak on the cost. And omg this will probably be your longest flight outside of going to Australia. Talking 14-16 hours. Thankfully I was first class but once you get through this flight every other flight will be a cakewalk.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I wanted to go to Japan in January for WrestleKingdom but I just got back from DR so maybe in 2024

It's actually really easy to navigate especially if you have a modern smartphone for translation help

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
I'm thinking about a week

To be honest, you don't have to know a single word in Japanese if you stay in Tokyo. Most restaurants have English menus, people speak broken English if they do speak it and they're a visual people, use your phone.

This is pretty helpful for you if you know nothing else.
入口 - entrance
出口 - exit

It certainly helps to have the language but not at all required. Hit youtube if you feel inclined to learn to say thank you, excuse me, etc.

The flight is better if you do a direct flight. 14 hours is 14 hours. Don't sleep the night before and take some melatonin or nyquil while in the cab or Uber there.

While you're there you'll want to keep the cash on you, they're cash or Japanese app paying people. Keep a backpack with you on the road, there's no garbage bins unless you dump inside convenience stores.

Having an itinerary beforehand will be a blessing. I met a black guy when I was coming back home that went all over in a week.

US dollar is very strong so you'll eat over there. Get a reloadable train card, you'll use it often. If you know your dates you can book certain attractions right now.