Triple H named Head of Talent Relations and Creative in WWE. 2023 WON Booker of the Year.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
This LA Knight thing has been hilarious to watch play out

Eli Drake’s name switch to LA Knight was met with the usual jokes and banter from the impossible-to-please ass internet fans because I guess Eli Drake is some incredible name

LA Knight then changes his name, again, to Max Dupri… and like clockwork, these same people cried out because… you know, name changes are the end of the world

Now they’re happy he’s back to other name they were.. unhappy about, initially? I guess they like it now?

It’s a whole inception of name flips

In his case, he needs to learn to play a completely different character. If I want to watch The Rock, I'll go to youtube and revisit some clips, not watch a Dwayne Johnson Cosplayer.

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
the people clowning the name change from Walter to Gunther are awfully quiet now too

Nah, it was still unnecessary to change his name, there was no reason to change it, and people tried to bring up something about trademarking and that clearly was bullshyt, all of the name changes this year before Vince stepped down were unnecessary and it showed because Triple H changed back a lot of names.

But booking worked out in Gunther’s favor and he made it work.

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
the people clowning the name change from Walter to Gunther are awfully quiet now too
Nah, it was still unnecessary to change his name, there was no reason to change it, and people tried to bring up something about trademarking and that clearly was bullshyt, all of the name changes this year before Vince stepped down were unnecessary and it showed because Triple H changed back a lot of names.

But booking worked out in Gunther’s favor and he made it work.
Compromise has been made. His name is all caps now. GUNTHER

:lolbron:

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Walter to Gunther was def unnecessary to me because they were building him up as Walter IN WWE..

Repackages happen, but he wasn’t repackaged lol.. a change like that makes more sense right off the bat. Calling him one thing for 2 years and then switching up abruptly was kinda like huh?? Especially when the presentation or character didn’t change one bit.

With that said tho, people also overreact to the name shyt. I remember the outcry when WWE hired that batch of Indy guys and gave them WWE names (Chris Hero, Tyler Black, SteenErico etc.) and now we’re at the point where I can’t even imagine a guy like Seth Rollins being called anything but that.

Even the name “Daniel Bryan” came off awkward at first because we just wanted to call him Danielson. Not to be the cliche “let it play out” guy but sometimes you really do have to take ya emotion out of the shyt and just let it rock. More often than not, if the performer is really like that they’ll make the shyt work

Last edited:

Raw Sauce

Superstar
Daps
In his case, he needs to learn to play a completely different character. If I want to watch The Rock, I'll go to youtube and revisit some clips, not watch a Dwayne Johnson Cosplayer.
I thought he was supposed to be like if The Rock and Stone Cold did the fusion dance but was still worse than the sum of the parts
:mjlol:

He still a decent talent either way

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
Walter to Gunther was def unnecessary to me because they were building him up as Walter IN WWE..

Repackages happen, but he wasn’t repackaged lol.. a change like that makes more sense right off the bat. Calling him one thing for 2 years and then switching up abruptly was kinda like huh?? Especially when the presentation or character didn’t change one bit.

With that said tho, people also overreact to the name shyt. I remember the outcry when WWE hired that batch of Indy guys and gave them WWE names (Chris Hero, Tyler Black, SteenErico etc.) and now we’re at the point where I can’t even imagine a guy like Seth Rollins being called anything but that.

Even the name “Daniel Bryan” came off awkward at first because we just wanted to call him Danielson. Not to be the cliche “let it play out” guy but sometimes you really do have to take ya emotion out of the shyt and just let it rock. More often than not, if the performer is really like that they’ll make the shyt work

THANK YOU!

That’s what I’ve been saying, I don’t mind wrestlers names getting changed but don’t build them up for 4-5 years and then change their name for the sake of changing their name.

Like I said months ago, what if they changed James St. Patrick’s name in season 4 in Power or something without explanation but changed nothing about his character? That would be stupid.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Lotta people hype Eli Drake as LA Knight. I didnt watch NXT when he was doing the character so I cant call it, but the way people I know talk about him they act like he was The Rock down there

Accurate or just hype? From the clips Ive seen I dont see it but I guess if I was in the bubble I would.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
Lotta people hype Eli Drake as LA Knight. I didnt watch NXT when he was doing the character so I cant call it, but the way people I know talk about him they act like he was The Rock down there

Accurate or just hype? From the clips Ive seen I dont see it but I guess if I was in the bubble I would.

He's a Rock cosplayer superstan. Any time he's on TV he's doing a d-level Rock impersonation.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
didn't mind the Gunther name change when they actually put a backstory behind it

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mississauga

4r5i3tsdiny01.jpg