filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S

Ms.CuriousCat

All Star
Daps
:jbhmm: their argument is that reparations were paid directly to holocaust survivors tho...

Whites are going to say "show me a slave today.."

And that would have been a valid argument however the difference is that in Germany it was done over the course of 6 years, Germany went to war with its neighbours was defeated and was put in a position where it was forced to acknowledge its crimes and pay for them while its survivors lived.

The same can't be said for America, there wasn't a coalition of the strongest countries who brought it to its knees. The process happened through the will and determination of the African American people and the journey to freedom was 40 times harder, 40 times more brutal and that's not even counting the civil rights movement.

I am not sure if reparations can be a set amount of money going to each descendant, I don't see how that would work and whether it would make anyone better off but my opinion is a fund to recognise that 1.what was done was immoral and a crime against humanity and repartition would be in addition to a formal apology and I would argue a park or garden or statue something symbolic in honour of those lives and 2.the community has suffered as a result. Then the fund can be managed in a way that will have the biggest impact e.g. education grants, economic empowerment through business grants/hyper low interest loans, healthcare outreach etc.

It's a matter of time. It's a shameful past for the white descendants but that doesn't make it less true. If a white person tried to brush off the hurt of it I'd ask them if they were a slavery sympathiser or a Nazi sympathiser. Seriously, draw parallels with Nazi Germany and watch their face :martin:

Hope

God's Grace
Daps
Reppin
NYC
We will NEVER be given reparations...

But we can excel and TAKE IT.

Like real MEN.

How? If we don't accept help? We don't listen to our parents, and distrust people in power. The Black community is very much divided too. No compassion, no empathy, no understanding ....
As for OP's notion ... What will reparations do towards emotional scars by the way?

I don't know, video is very short and gives little info. Wish there was more details. There was another thread on this same video few days ago.

I don't believe it personally, I take meds and do therapy because they help me stay out of trouble. But these disorders are not THAT serious, and if an individual is struggling bad, why not seek help?

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
I was raised knowing both sides of slavery...if u were born in the 80s...u had granny granpa n great granny great grandpa on both mom n dad side..

my dad side great grandparents...were pretty much free..had gang of acres in south carolina..great grandmother her family had their acres...n great grandfather had their own...they equally both had slaves and workers who came to work on the land

they ended up in texas..somehow....acquired land in texas n had the same set up

mom side..they were all slaves from tennesee, alabama and north carolina

i heard both sides..n seen medals n stuff my great grandparents on pops side had..servin in the confedaracy

i never forget..first comin to south carolina ...seein them flyin the confedarate flag...how it fukked my head up..nikka blacker than a blink with long grey braids.. walkin around charleston get one of his business he come in cussin white folks left n right...

get in the car with my pops..n the first thing i say...this nikka gone get lynched...pops jus laughin..

then when great grandpa was on his death bed...he still raisin hell.. on his stink meaner shyt...

pops side of the family was the ones who pointed out contrary to belief..it was more free blacks in the south n i was on some show me the receipts shyt...n its documented...n they had a easier time n more outlets than the free nikkas in the north

n i heard the shyt my mom side had went thru

knowin what i knew..both sides fukked me up in school..i would call bullshyt on a lot of stuff..n had to 9 times the work to prove it......doin the work didnt get me nowhere kuz shyt didnt change..after 6th grade..i kept my mouth shut durin black history month..

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
they finessed nikkas into feeling slavery is inherently a part of them claiming it like it's ours

all races have had portions of their population enslaved whether do to war or poverty

they stay pushing the image of black individuals in chains where's roots for the europeans jahahahaa

Gonzo

Banned
Daps
Reppin
USA
I'd say our grandparents should receive reparations during the treatment of the civil rights period. Mine tell me of the events they've personally experienced it makes me want to not fukk with any whites on any level. Truly demonic shyt. People keep saying no one is a live today that was a slave but shyt wasn't peachy immediately following after. It's intellectually dishonest and dismissive horseshyt