Trucking is Recession, Depression and Corona proof.

Noriega

Simps R Us
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside,Chicago
It’s a good gig but I often see nikkas on here talking bout truckers pulling 6 figures a year. That’s a small percentage of long haul drivers.

It was a older cat who was a owner operator at my grandma church.

Said he made about 70-75k in a good year. After you factor in lodging, diesel, truck maintenance, insurance he looking at 55’ish. Which isn’t bad but a far cry from the nikkas on here saying truckers seeing 100k+ a year

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
No matter what people think is the wave...logistics will always one of the lifebloods of the global economy......a product has to get from point A to B...from supplier to vendor, from company to customer

To be honest...if you were an immigrant coming to the US...getting an education, learning a trade and getting a trucking license are 3 of the bases you should cover.

Tanahashi Coates

Superstar
Daps
It’s a good gig but I often see nikkas on here talking bout truckers pulling 6 figures a year. That’s a small percentage of long haul drivers.

It was a older cat who was a owner operator at my grandma church.

Said he made about 70-75k in a good year. After you factor in lodging, diesel, truck maintenance, insurance he looking at 55’ish. Which isn’t bad but a far cry from the nikkas on here saying truckers seeing 100k+ a year

It's possible to make 100k as a company driver but it depends on the company and the route. I'm covering a route that grosses almost 2k a week but it's team and 6 days a week. UPS team drivers makes damn good money but if you don't get along with your codriver or they're too OCD, it's hell on the road

Noriega

Simps R Us
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside,Chicago
It's possible to make 100k as a company driver but it depends on the company and the route. I'm covering a route that grosses almost 2k a week but it's team and 6 days a week. UPS team drivers makes damn good money but if you don't get along with your codriver or they're too OCD, it's hell on the road
What about teamster drivers

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Elaborate

Robot trucks might work in like middle of nowhere North Dakota or Wyoming. But once it comes near a city, it gets extremely complicated

How would a Robot truck be able to drive in traffic? How much electronic sensors would a truck have to have in order for it to not bump into anything? What if one of the sensors suddenly goes out and a truck is driving 80mph in oncoming traffic?

What if a robot truck on the road, and the route or destination suddenly changes (which always happens). How is it gonna communicate to the robot truck if something wrong with it? When a simple phone call from a human driver would be 100x easier

And you can even go to the simplest thing of backing into a dock. There is no place in a dock where you can have perfect conditions, which a robot truck needs. The driveway gonna be lopsided as fukk, there's rocks on the ground, the dock itself is old and lopsided, there could be snow or mud on the ground, the lines on the pavement for the truck to guide itself to park could be shaded out

This is what nerds in their air conditioned offices never consider

Robo Squirrel

CEO @ Squirrel Burger: Fish & Chips
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Francisco, CA
A Straight truck
what-is-a-straight-truck.jpg
Oh ok. What about garbage trucks. :mjgrin: