Trump Unveils A "NEW" Policy On Cuban Relations (UPDATE: He Wants Assata Shakur)

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism

I had plans to visit next year too :snoop:

Trump slams Obama-era Cuba policy, says it
enriches Castro regime

• The new policy attempts to shift money away from Cuban military and intelligence services.
  • The move is a marked shift from Obama-era relaxation of travel rules.
Christine Wang | @christiiineeee
4 Mins AgoCNBC.com
SHARES
104534380-GettyImages-696600228-donald-trump.530x298.jpg

Andrew Harrer | Bloomberg | Getty Images
President Donald Trump, left, and H.R. McMaster, national security advisor. Trump will announce a ban on Americans and U.S. companies doing business with Cuba's military on Friday in a rollback of the Obama administrations plan to thaw relations with the island, during a speech Friday afternoon in Miami.
President Donald Trump slammed the Castro regime on Friday for its human rights record, as his administration unveiled policy that seeks to empower Cuban people.

Trump pledged to "expose the crimes of the Castro regime" and support Cubans. He argued that freedom for Cubans who would be in the interests of Americans.

"For nearly six decades, the Cuban people have suffered under communist domination," Trump said in Miami on Friday. "To this day, Cuba is ruled by the same people who killed tens of thousands of their own citizens, who sought to spread their repressive and failed ideology throughout our hemisphere and who once tried to host enemy nuclear weapons 90 miles from our shores."

"With God's help, a free Cuba is what we will soon achieve," Trump said.

The White House's new Cuba policy directs the Treasury Department to end a common method of visiting the communist nation.

The new measures will end individual people-to-people travel, according to a document released ahead of Trump's remarks in Miami.

Tourism is technically banned under the embargo, but under the Obama administration, relaxed regulations allowed Americans to visit Cuba under people-to-people travel. Trump's policy restricts this form of travel to Cuba for individuals. Americans pursuing this type of travel would have to go in groups, the official said.

The document, published by the Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control, emphasizes that the changes announced Friday will not take effect until new regulations are issued.

In a passionate speech ahead of Trump's, Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fl., criticized Barack Obama's approach to U.S.-Cuba relations.

"A year and a half ago a president, an American president landed in Havana to outstretch his hand to a regime. Today, a new president lands in Miami to reach out his hand to the people of Cuba," Rubio said.

Trump slams Obama-era Cuba policy, says it enriches Castro regime

Last edited:

dj-method-x

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just came back from Cuba in February. One of the best experiences I ever had. The Cuban people are a wonderful happy bunch. I saw NO poverty, no beggars, no homeless people. The brehs there in Old Havana dress like and remind me of brehs here. The woman are BEAUTIFUL. Assata Shakur has stated that the Cuban government has basically eradicated racism. This helps nobody and only pleases the few wealthy white Cuban families in Florida who fled during the revolution after Batista, who was a million times worse than the Castros, and who white Cubans benefited from having in power, was ousted. This is another shameful act of pandering by republicans and Trump. Use human rights as a reason to punish Cuba but be allies with and give money to Saudi Arabia brehs.

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
I just came back from Cuba in February. One of the best experiences I ever had. The Cuban people are a wonderful happy bunch. I saw NO poverty, no beggars, no homeless people. The brehs there in Old Havana dress like and remind me of brehs here. The woman are BEAUTIFUL. Assata Shakur has stated that the Cuban government has basically eradicated racism. Damn shame. This helps nobody and only pleases the few wealthy white Cuban families in Florida who fled during the revolution after Batista, who was a million times worse than the Castros, and who white Cubans benefited from having in power, was ousted.
These knockoff wannabes forgot where they came from :snoop: Yes, you have a chunk that are straight Spanish. However, most of that island is mixed with African. Anyway, were the Black Cubans cool? Did they showcase their Africana side? I want to party with them when I go down. Love my people man :mjcry: Most of these White Cubans are straight Conservative heavy because of the Castro communist regime.

#BadTrump :pacspit:

dj-method-x

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
These knockoff wannabes forgot where they came from :snoop: Yes, you have a chunk that are straight Spanish. However, most of that island is mixed with African. Anyway, were the Black Cubans cool? Did they showcase their Africana side? I want to party with them when I go down. Love my people man :mjcry: Most of these White Cubans are straight Conservative heavy because of the Castro communist regime.

#BadTrump :pacspit:

Yeah they were cool as hell. I'm a lighter skinned black guy so they all thought I was Cuban until I opened my mouth lol. Sadly I didn't get to communicate with a lot of them because I don't know Spanish. As far as showcasing their Africana side, while walking in Old Havana I noticed Cubans having house parties, dressed in traditional african garbs, partying to and dancing to african music. It was pretty cool to see.

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Yeah they were cool as hell. I'm a lighter skinned black guy so they all thought I was Cuban until I opened my mouth lol. Sadly I didn't get to communicate with a lot of them because I don't know Spanish. As far as showcasing their Africana side, while walking in Old Havana I noticed Cubans having house parties, dressed in tradition african garbs, partying to and dancing to african music. It was pretty cool to see.
Thanks for sharing breh. I swear I gotta take that rise :wow:

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
seems like minimal change to be honest, basically now you have to go with a group and the group has to have a purpose, the way it use to be and you cant use certain hotels

so you can still go

i doubt white cubans are happy with this, what they really wanted was the return of the wet foot dry foot bs

trump is about to start deporting cubans Cubans now face same deportation risk as other immigrants

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
seems like minimal change to be honest, basically now you have to go with a group and the group has to have a purpose, the way it use to be and you cant use certain hotels

so you can still go

i doubt white cubans are happy with this, what they really wanted was the return of the wet foot dry foot bs

trump is about to start deporting cubans Cubans now face same deportation risk as other immigrants
What purpose? So, now you can't go alone :dahell:

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
What purpose? So, now you can't go alone :dahell:

the purpose is usually academic like you want to study beach erosion or cuban music or some shyt like that, but it has to be organized and with a group, you cant just say im going to relax, you will just have to search the internet for an organized group