Trump vows ‘insurance for everybody’ in Obamacare replacement plan

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
Trump vows ‘insurance for everybody’ in Obamacare replacement plan

President-elect Donald Trump said in a weekend interview that he is nearing completion of a plan to replace President Obama’s signature health-care law with the goal of “insurance for everybody,” while also vowing to force drug companies to negotiate directly with the government on prices in Medicare and Medicaid.

Trump declined to reveal specifics in the telephone interview late Saturday with The Washington Post, but any proposals from the incoming president would almost certainly dominate the Republican effort to overhaul federal health policy as he prepares to work with his party’s congressional majorities.

Trump’s plan is likely to face questions from the right, following years of GOP opposition to further expansion of government involvement in the health-care system, and from those on the left, who see his ideas as disruptive to changes brought by the Affordable Care Act that have extended coverage to tens of millions of Americans.

In addition to his replacement plan for the ACA, also known as Obamacare, Trump said he will target pharmaceutical companies over drug prices and demand that they negotiate directly with Medicaid and Medicare.

“They’re politically protected but not anymore,” he said of pharmaceutical companies.

:wow:

Trump said he expects Republicans in Congress to move quickly and in unison in the coming weeks on other priorities as well, including enacting sweeping tax cuts and beginning the building of a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border.

Trump warned Republicans that if the party splinters or slows his agenda, he is ready to use the power of the presidency — and Twitter — to usher his legislation to passage.
:banderas:
“The Congress can’t get cold feet because the people will not let that happen,” Trump said during the interview with The Post.

As he has developed a replacement package, Trump said he has paid attention to critics who say that repealing Obamacare would put coverage at risk for more than 20 million Americans covered under the law’s insurance exchanges and Medicaid expansion.

“We’re going to have insurance for everybody,” Trump said. “There was a philosophy in some circles that if you can’t pay for it, you don’t get it. That’s not going to happen with us.”

People covered under the law “can expect to have great health care. It will be in a much simplified form. Much less expensive and much better.”

For conservative Republicans dubious about his pledge to ensure coverage for millions, Trump pointed to several interviews he did during the campaign where he promised to “not have people dying on the street.”

“It’s not going to be their plan,” he said of people covered under the current law. “It’ll be another plan. But they’ll be beautifully covered. I don’t want single-payer. What I do want is to be able to take care of people,” he said Saturday.

:ohlawd:

Moving ahead, Trump said lowering drug prices is central to lowering health costs nationally — and will make it a priority for him as he uses his bully pulpit to shape policy.

When asked how exactly he would force drug manufacturers to comply, Trump said part of his approach would be public pressure “just like on the airplane,” a nod to his tweets about Lockheed Martin’s F-35 fighter jet, which Trump said was too costly.

Trump waved away the suggestion that such activity could lead to market volatility. “Stock drops and America goes up,” he said. “I don’t care. I want to do it right or not at all.”He added that drug companies “should produce” more products in the United States.
:blessed:

King Kreole

Daps
Nobody buys your bullshyt anymore.
200.gif

My bullshyt? I didn't write this article, you loon :mjlol:

If this is all you have left in you with only 5 days to the inauguration, just log off and don't bother logging in again. The next 4 years are going to be very disorienting for you.

King Kreole

Daps
King Kreolo you are getting ahead of yourself, let's wait and see if Trump and Republicans do actually have a replacement for obamacare, because they aren't giving us any detail plans so far.
I'm not even saying Trump's proposal will pass, I'm just acknowledging the schism between Trump and congressional establishment Republicans on this issue. Trump and Paul Ryan are coming from two different ideological foundations. Universal makes quite a lot of sense for the political movement he's trying to build. I've been saying that for almost a year now, and have the negs to prove it :heh:. I fully expect milquetoast libs to adopt a reactionary anti-Universal position now that Trump is pushing for it though.

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
I'm not even saying Trump's proposal will pass, I'm just acknowledging the schism between Trump and congressional establishment Republicans on this issue. Trump and Paul Ryan are coming from two different ideological foundations. Universal makes quite a lot of sense for the political movement he's trying to build. I've been saying that for almost a year now, and have the negs to prove it :heh:. I fully expect milquetoast libs to adopt a reactionary anti-Universal position now that Trump is pushing for it though.

:mjlol: its gonna happen

trump has always been about some type of universal HC, if they knew anything

King Kreole

Daps
:mjlol: its gonna happen

trump has always been about some type of universal HC, if they knew anything
"The pharmaceutical industry has great diversity in its executive class!" :mjgrin:

"Universal healthcare is actually racist because it presupposes black people are too poor to pay for their own healthcare!" :mjgrin:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
My bullshyt? I didn't write this article, you loon :mjlol:

If this is all you have left in you with only 5 days to the inauguration, just log off and don't bother logging in again.

By bullshyt, I mean your attempts to sell us on this con man, as if we're blind to his actions. His words mean less than nothing.