Trumpset come defend this fakkits

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
you can say politico misrepresented this story, but your corrections don't make the bank look any better... it's 30 cents.... you can ask a complete stranger for 30 cents...

No doubt, but they definitely misrepresented the story by condensing it to "she owed them 30 cents and didn't pay it, so they foreclosed" while leaving out a lot of shyt that happened inbetween

Broke Wave

The GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Open Society Foundation
I looked up the case, they didn't make it up, but didn't report it accurately. She had a lapse in homeowner hazard insurance, the bank fronted her over $1,800. She paid back a portion of it right away and that left a $423.30 balance for FOUR YEARS that she never paid a payment on, then after four years she paid $423 and that's when they went to foreclose it when more months passed without getting the extra 30 cents.

It's fukked up to foreclose on someone over 30 cents, but A.) it's not like they didn't have adequate time to pay and B.) as someone said earlier, do you really think this is something that comes across the desk of the CEO of the company? This is handled at much lower levels.. it shouldn't have happened, but to try to pin it on this dude and/or Trump is dumb.

No it isn't dumb. If it was a one off, then you don't blame it on the CEO. If it was systemic, then it was a part of the corporate culture and the CEO is liable. It's dumb to blame it on Trump, but obviously this guy should be blamed for his company being a "foreclosure factory". It was part of their business model. If McDonalds was out here getting people sick and sending them to the hospital as regularly as this company was foreclosing on people under unscrupulous circumstances, they would call the CEO of McDoanlds evil.

WhereIsTheLove

All Star
Daps
I looked up the case, they didn't make it up, but didn't report it accurately. She had a lapse in homeowner hazard insurance, the bank fronted her over $1,800. She paid back a portion of it right away and that left a $423.30 balance for FOUR YEARS that she never paid a payment on, then after four years she paid $423 and that's when they went to foreclose it when more months passed without getting the extra 30 cents.

It's fukked up to foreclose on someone over 30 cents, but A.) it's not like they didn't have adequate time to pay and B.) as someone said earlier, do you really think this is something that comes across the desk of the CEO of the company? This is handled at much lower levels.. it shouldn't have happened, but to try to pin it on this dude and/or Trump is dumb.
Excuse foreclosure over $0.30 brehs. Shameless. All of you.:laff:

Buggsy Mogues

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
No it isn't dumb. If it was a one off, then you don't blame it on the CEO. If it was systemic, then it was a part of the corporate culture and the CEO is liable. It's dumb to blame it on Trump, but obviously this guy should be blamed for his company being a "foreclosure factory". It was part of their business model. If McDonalds was out here getting people sick and sending them to the hospital as regularly as this company was foreclosing on people under unscrupulous circumstances, they would call the CEO of McDoanlds evil.

I don't even think it's fair to say this is systemic, if you look up reviews for any large bank mortgage of lending service, you're going to see tons of shytty reviews. Most of them have like 1 star online at Consumer Affairs or Credit Karma and are full of complaints from people who feel like they got wronged.

Now a lot of em probably did get wronged, but let's keep it a buck, motherfukkers love to do anything they can to avoid paying bills and then complain when they get punished for it. You're hard pressed to find many lenders that a majority of the users don't say is trying to fukk people over.

Broke Wave

The GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Open Society Foundation
I don't even think it's fair to say this is systemic, if you look up reviews for any large bank mortgage of lending service, you're going to see tons of shytty reviews. Most of them have like 1 star online at Consumer Affairs or Credit Karma and are full of complaints from people who feel like they got wronged.

Now a lot of em probably did get wronged, but let's keep it a buck, motherfukkers love to do anything they can to avoid paying bills and then complain when they get punished for it. You're hard pressed to find many lenders that a majority of the users don't say is trying to fukk people over.

You're defending a 1 star predator lender over a 90 year old woman, which shows me your ethics. Many lenders are trying to fukk people over, this is documented. There are a thing called predatory lenders. If something is full of complaints, your first instinct is to say that the complainers are wrong and that the corporation is right. That just tells me what kind of a person you are.

Buggsy Mogues

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
You're defending a 1 star predator lender over a 90 year old woman, which shows me your ethics. Many lenders are trying to fukk people over, this is documented. There are a thing called predatory lenders. If something is full of complaints, your first instinct is to say that the complainers are wrong and that the corporation is right. That just tells me what kind of a person you are.

Not at all, but I'm not surprised you'd get all reactionary and read it that way. I'm not siding with anyone My point is that's stupid to single out this one guy as some super predator when in reality he's in an industry where just about everyone is accused of the same type of shyt, it's impossible to determine what's real and what's BS from all the allegations people who don't pay their bills make.

Broke Wave

The GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Open Society Foundation
Not at all, but I'm not surprised you'd get all reactionary and read it that way. I'm not siding with anyone My point is that's stupid to single out this one guy as some super predator when in reality he's in an industry where just about everyone is accused of the same type of shyt, it's impossible to determine what's real and what's BS from all the allegations people who don't pay their bills make.
So what do you make of the justice department fining these lenders for billions of dollars after the financial crisis, and the wide scale predatory lending that is going on in America? Do you think there is no such thing as a predatory loan? Why don't other countries with regulations against predatory lending have the same problems as the U.S. where such regulation is absent?

Buggsy Mogues

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So what do you make of the justice department fining these lenders for billions of dollars after the financial crisis, and the wide scale predatory lending that is going on in America? Do you think there is no such thing as a predatory loan? Why don't other countries with regulations against predatory lending have the same problems as the U.S. where such regulation is absent?

I'm not denying predatory lenders exist, you're missing the point. My point is simply the media is trying to crucify this guy for every single incident his company was involved in as if it's the only lender practicing "predatory" tactics in existence

Last edited:

Broke Wave

The GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Open Society Foundation
I'm not denying predatory lenders exist, you're missing the point. My point is simply the media is trying to crucify this guy for every single incident his company was involved in as if it's the only lender practicing "predatory" tactics in existence, and tie it to Trump, as another black eye on his cabinet picks.

This guy has no experience in public policy or governance, yet he's now in charge of the federal treasury. That is a black eye in and of itself. He hasn't even run the county pot luck, just investment banking experience and apparently predatory lending. If a man who has no qualms with running such an ethically awful business is now in charge of the treasury, it stands to wonder how he'll treat the new found powers.

Eddy Gordo

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Have a bank foreclose your house for $.30. She's 90 years old she probably just miswrote the check. And how yall caping for this. Someone got this check at the bank looked at and instead of getting some loose change in the breakroom to come up with 27 cents foreclosed somebody house.:dwillhuh::scust: And those of y'all caping for this hate your grandma.:francis: Shameless.

mc_brew

#NotMyPresident
Daps
Reppin
the black cat is my crown...
Have a bank foreclose your house for $.30. She's 90 years old she probably just miswrote the check. And how yall caping for this. Someone got this check at the bank looked at and instead of getting some loose change in the breakroom to come up with 27 cents foreclosed somebody house.:dwillhuh::scust: And those of y'all caping for this hate your grandma.:francis: Shameless.
it's sick how loathsome some people are..... 30 cents? i could ask one of my enemies for that.... you could probably find 30 cents on the sidewalk.. hell, a few pop bottles could net 30 cents.. but some cats find it fine and dandy to throw an elderly woman out of her house over 30 cents....

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yeah but think about it

she got her bill and was like "fukk, i can only afford 423. not 423.30". if she only sent like 300 intitally...thatd make sense

and then when they spent more money on sending the 30 cent bill, than the 30 cent bill was worth, to collect it....she looked at the 30 cent bill and wrote a check for 3 cents :what:

somethings off here :russ:

She's 90 years old. You don't think a 90 year old woman can make that kind of mistake?

I swear this election has turned people into dummies.

ⒶⓁⒾⒶⓈ

Doctors without Labcoats
Daps
Reppin
Payments accepted Obamacare,paypal and livestock
:wow: I see this thread has exposed Colis general ignorance about Mortgages and foreclosures...a few points

Its a legal action which means a judicial officer or judge has to review it..But feel free to believe some district judge approved kicking out a grandma for 30 cents anyway cos it gets yall in your feelings

Second,it takes YEARS to process from filing to when the sheriff shows up..and every state has built in failsafes that will stop the process with a payment or new agreement

:comeon: Third she had a REVERSE mortgage which is where the bank has already paid HER for her home..........THE HOUSE WAS THEIRS NOW

but she could live in it until she dies all she had to do was pay the insurance..and it sounds like she didnt pay it for 4 or more years.