Trying to go a Keto diet, but most of the food choices are :scust:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Get some nuts. Makes it a lot easier. An easy 20 grams of fats with 1 nets carbs and very low protein. Pecans work goods. macadamia nuts too but they’re more expensive.

And then MCT Oil is good and helpful too. Good luck
Props. I was eating a lot of almonds, but it turns out that I'm mildly allergic. Imma stock up on some pecans and macademias when I go shopping this week. I see a lot of people recommending MCT. I think imma keep it going with coconut oil. I read that it's just as good, if not better. And I actually like the flavor.

diggy

Florida Man
Supporter
Daps
I appreciate the feedback. Since I been eating the cauliflower, my bm's have gotten better. I been catching hell tryna find the psyllium husk. Walmart and GNC don't carry it in stores where I live. Imma try whole foods tomorrow before just ordering it online. But I'm using cheese in ways I never did. Also making my own mayonnaise (which I never used to eat). And doing all types of ish I never did before. And the crazy thing is I am known for cooking all kinds of stuff from scratch. But most of what I cooked before was carb-loaded. So this keto thing is also leveling up my culinary skills. I was down 10 pounds when I weighed in last week. Sure it was mostly water weight. But I'll take it. So far, I'm all-around pleased with this keto journey.

I just now started hearing about macros. I've used a coupla macros calculators and their feedback is similar. I don't really get the gist of it yet, so imma read up on it tonight.
Metamucil is everywhere or Walmart has Equate powder at a lesser price. You can also get pure powder from Amazon.

If you want a general calorie count or staring point without a calculator you can take your weight and multiply it by 12 or 14 for cutting. Hopefully I don't explain this too messed up.

Just say we are 200 lbs

200lbs x 12 = 2400 cals and 200lbs x 14 = 2800 cals

Im using the 2400 with the x 12 formula because I'm in panic mode for the summer :damn:

Traditional Keto ratio %'s: 70-75f /20-25p /5c (fat/protein/carb)

Im using %'s of 75/20/5 to give me 100% total

Now from there 75% of calories for your ratios come from fat, 20% protein & 5% carbs

To get the cals you multiply the %

2400 x .75(f) is 1800 cals. Fat is 9 cals per gram so 1800/9 = 200

200 grams of fat per day divided over your meals

2400 x .05 (c) is 120 cals Carbs and pro are 4 cals per gram 120/4 =30

30 grams of carbs per day

You can do the same for the protein or just subtract the fat and carbs from the 2400 and you get

1920 cals

You have 480 cals left from the 2400 for protein carbs and pro are 4 cals per gram 480/4 = 120

120 grams of protein per day

If you were eating 3 meals 200f/30c/120p (divide numbers by meals you choose)

67 grams of fat
10 grams of carbs
40 grams of protein

per meal

or hit macros in tracking app per day.

Last edited: