Turkey's Constitutional Referendum Vote

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
So the slide to dictatorship isn't a big deal then! LOVE IT!

There was basically a secular military dictatorship before Erdogan and AKP came in, liberalized things... and then around 2011 they started to become more authoritarian

Seems like a Turkish thing

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Yep our meddling in Turkish affairs has created the atmosphere for this public suppport for him to pull this shyt.
Same way US created the atmosphere for the Muslim Brotherhood to be elected in Egypt and then supported the military coup of the elected government, since the USruns the Egyptian military

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Yep our meddling in Turkish affairs has created the atmosphere for this public suppport for him to pull this shyt.
Same way US created the atmosphere for the Muslim Brotherhood to be elected in Egypt and then supported the military coup of the elected government, since the USruns the Egyptian military
yeah, that doesn't sound like our fault. or you don't know what you're talking about.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
yeah, that doesn't sound like our fault. or you don't know what you're talking about.
So the US telling Turks to assist us in destablizing Syria to providing home base, supplies, weapons, and intel to ISIS causing domestic blowback for the Turks. Is our fault? Erdogan trying to be usurped by US backed groups in the Turkish government led by a man in the US in government care in the US doesn't provide legitimacy the the staged coup by Erdogan which led to this shyt?

US meddling has consequences directly and indirectly and this is a consequence of US foreign policy. IMHO.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
and?

Except, this is THEIR word
You said you wanted proof I gave you proof or documentation, what do you have beside your opinion.
Even the US government leaked out that the Turks aid Isis, conveniently ignoring that they do the same, which Turkish made known as well.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
You said you wanted proof I gave you proof or documentation, what do you have beside your opinion.
Even the US government leaked out that the Turks aid Isis, conveniently ignoring that they do the same, which Turkish made known as well.
But theres only Turkish conspiracy that the US was behind the coup...and they've been using any excuse to get Gulen for a while

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I literally said Erdogan staged the coup, are you not trying to read now?
Can you show where you said that? not trolling...but I don't see that in your links

:francis:

I don't know what to believe, but the evidence seems scant that the US was behind it.

And if they were, they did a damn good job hiding it

There WAS evidence that the rumor about the American air base being attacked was a Russian hoax.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Can you show where you said that? not trolling...but I don't see that in your links

:francis:

I don't know what to believe, but the evidence seems scant that the US was behind it.

And if they were, they did a damn good job hiding it

There WAS evidence that the rumor about the American air base being attacked was a Russian hoax.

So the US telling Turks to assist us in destablizing Syria to providing home base, supplies, weapons, and intel to ISIS causing domestic blowback for the Turks. Is our fault? Erdogan trying to be usurped by US backed groups in the Turkish government led by a man in the US in government care in the US doesn't provide legitimacy the the staged coup by Erdogan which led to this shyt?

US meddling has consequences directly and indirectly and this is a consequence of US foreign policy. IMHO.

So what are you talking about?

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
There was basically a secular military dictatorship before Erdogan and AKP came in, liberalized things... and then around 2011 they started to become more authoritarian

Seems like a Turkish thing

Okay, but should we applaud Erdogan for bringing that back?

I mean I know I've read during the cold war years it was essentially a military/mafia state maybe that's the next step after democracy/liberalism?