TV shopping, Samsung 82" Q8 or Sony 85" X900F?

Htrb-nvr-blk-&-ug-as-evr

Black and not crackin’
Supporter
Daps
I did, the Master Series OLED only go up to 65".

The towers are Energy Veritas V-6.3, they retailed for $3K for the pair, I found them in the used market for $550

Energy : Veritas : V-6-3-T

Energy Veritas V-6.3 (Black)
Now, that is a nice pick up! I'm sure they are great for music, but how are they for home theater? I have some old Klipsch that I want to replace with something that will give me a better balance in music and home theater....the ones I have are geared more for home theater.

TripleAgent

Holding my nuts fukking thousand dollar lesbians
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Unless the huge size is a must:dame:, I'd suggest OLED. 77" are wild expensive , but you just can't get that image quality with any other tech.

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Unless the huge size is a must:dame:, I'd suggest OLED. 77" are wild expensive , but you just can't get that image quality with any other tech.

That right there is the struggle.

Now, that is a nice pick up! I'm sure they are great for music, but how are they for home theater? I have some old Klipsch that I want to replace with something that will give me a better balance in music and home theater....the ones I have are geared more for home theater.

Been familiar with Energy since '98, before Klipsch bought them. When I saw the listing for the Veritas, had to make a trip for them, well worth it. Soundstage for music is superb and clean, vocals and instruments are brought to life with outstanding clarity. This is my 3rd set of Energy mains, I have C2 bookshelves, and C7 mains in other rooms, the Veritas is miles ahead in SQ. For home theater they work very well, nicely balanced, subtle sound effects are produced clearly, loud effects come through with authority. My AVR ran its room acoustics and set crossover points and levels for all the speakers, I think it had them and the center crossed over at 40hz, I bumped it to 60hz. I would HIGHLY suggest if you can find a pair of these v-6.3's to get them. Had them since July, have not been disappointed.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
65" in the bedroom??? Yikes.
Yikes indeed. Wifey sleeps with the fukkin tv on. I like it pitch black. So I got a small ass 32 in the room. fukk that shyt
I always found projectors so corny ever since I was a kid at school or they show films in the library... shyt is drab as fukk...They have the flimsy screen and it doesnt even look right even as the technology progresses if the screen is just the damned wall with the image projected on it what's the point... it doesn't look ANYTHING like a large screen tv... :what:

I go into best buy walk to the tv section and just bask in the glory:wow: I don't see shyt with projectors :mjlol: :mjpls:

If the tech is not gonna be equal to current televisions what's the point???:manny:
Breh, I use to be that same way. Projectors at school use to look like some fukkin bullshyt. That’s cause they was $200 worth of projector that the school likely paid 500 for. Low quality shyt.
My opinion was changed when I saw the clear color of one at a job I worked at. I researched and ended up getting a benq 1070. I’m a real stickler for quality, and I ran that shyt for 3 years in a converted garage (no windows). It’s not as bright as a tv, but in a dark room it’s bright enough and the picture is fukkin amazing, and 120 inches diagonal :ohlawd:
You gotta try a non cheap projector breh. The decent ones start at $600 and go way up from there. The 1070 cost me a stack back then but can be had for around 5-700 these days

On topic, I’d say get the Sony, specifically due to the motion engine mentioned a few times in the thread

Last edited: