Twitter is mad at SNL for attributing Black people slang to Gen Z cacs

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
you have to be age 60+ to get SNL comedy, those are the only people watching it on a Saturday night. Yes. people in there early teens talk like that white/black/ect. You really have to be low IQ to be offended about this, every generation had there "lingo".

Really wish people would stop with this tired ass narrative. Folks have been saying this since the mid 90s. It’s all dependent on the writing and host. A boring, awkward weirdo like musk is going to be a challenge for writers. They had Daniel Kuyuula or whatever a few weeks ago and his skits were funny

Thurgood Thurston III

#LLNB #LLLB #E4R | woooK nypdK
Daps
Reppin
The kirk to the fields
Why are we mad about this instead of seeing it as us penetrating the contemporary English language and using our collective position to double down on this form of soft power we clearly possess?
Yeah but you can't use it to your advantage if people don't even know it came from you.

All they do is demonize us for doing something and then act like we had nothing to do with it when it becomes popular.

Most cacs still think we had nothing to do with Rock N Roll

Daps
Reppin
Eastside of that Motor
Empty accolade. We move the culture yet we're the most disrespected and most hated. Stop taking pride in shyt that doesn't mater in the grand scheme of things.
That is true. But what you’re missing is that even in a comedy skit like this it’s keeping our culture out there. I say this all the time. Picture you’re a white racist and you gotta hear hip hop every single day in commercials, tv, the mall etc. or even correlating with this picture you’re a quite racist and your children are starting to talk like they were in the skit. Obviously we have major work to do but any time I see white American damn near forced to incorporate our culture it’s a plus for us.

Now if they would have been on some “yo yo yo what up gangsta type shyt” with a durag and gold change that would be straight stereotyping. But I see this as nothing more than how there is no American culture or at least pop culture without blacks people

old boy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
brooklyn
i understand. the problem is that white folks love to laugh at us whenever we express our linguistic agency. we're creative people who take liberties with the english language like we did with musical theory in jazz and basketball in and 1 killer crossovers and dunking. and when white folks encounter us being our authentic selves with the slang they always do this "silly negro" look where they crinkles their noses and smirk while they look at each other knowingly. it's not genuine like oh shyt i don't get it. nah it's like haha fukkin dumb black people man...

so then give it a few and all of a sudden they take our shyt and rock it like they first of all. it's annoying and they do it with everything. it's in their nature. very similar to when ice t's wife coco said SHE is the one who is responsible for everybody all of a sudden loving big asses in the mainstream lmao.. but then to kill it more the bytch said but oh, credit also goes to kim kardashian and jennifer lopez. wow son they know no bounds do they...

talmbout some "generation z" created cap, give us the tea, caught an L, bro, bruh, pressed, dead ass, catch hands, on gang, big facts, gang gang... now, is that billie eilish's creation or asian doll's? that's like me saying hip hop is an american invention shout out to the gawd john travolta

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
I couldn’t finish watching, did they use Simp in there?

Ace Money

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm more offended that they're crediting gen Z for coming up with "L" smh

So I'm not trippin'. A few of the colloquialisms they used have been around or in usage for a minute. I guess they're implying that Gen Z is the (current) purveyor, not quite the originator of said phrases.