Two black elementary students called N-word at city council meeting.

xXOGLEGENDXx

Superstar
Daps

Apparently the city council doesn't monitor the zoom and anyone can join

:what:

Children targeted by racist rant during Denver City Council meeting

Councilmembers said a "Zoom-bomber" went on a cowardly and racist rant while the children were addressing the council.

PrevNext
Young students targeted with racial slurs during Denver city council meeting.
By: Brandon RichardPosted at 6:47 PM, May 14, 2024 and last updated 7:13 AM, May 15, 2024
DENVER — Two elementary-age children became the targets of a racist, hateful rant at Monday night’s Denver City Council meeting.

The students appeared before the council to ask for help getting more classroom space when an unidentified person launched a racist tirade.

Councilmembers condemned the “Zoom-bomber” behind the rant and said it was working with the city’s tech team to figure out how to prevent similar incidents from happening again.

“Last night, the Denver City Council endured a cowardly and racist 'Zoom-bomber' who interrupted our General Public Comment when two African American youth were speaking about their community needs,” City Council President Jamie Torres said in a statement. “The words were vile, as was the character of a person who would actively seek to say these words to two beautiful and courageous young girls.”

As an elected official, Denver City Councilwoman Shontel Lewis is used to getting hateful comments.

"I see it all the time on my social media accounts,” said Lewis.

She never imagined children would become a target.

The unidentified person behind Monday night’s racist rant told the children to “go back to Africa” and used several racial slurs, including the N-word, before the person’s microphone was finally muted.

“I think initially I was just shocked,” said Lewis. “But then I think my maternal instinct kicked in and I thought, oh my gosh, I need to get over to those babies.”

Lewis along with council members Sarah Parady and Darrell Watson walked over to the children to console them.

The Denver City Council isn’t the only government body that’s had to deal with anonymous people disrupting their proceedings and spewing hateful language.

Council meetings in Wheat Ridge and Lakewood have also been disrupted by people going on hateful and antisemitic rants in recent months.

“Unfortunately, we all know that we live in a world that spews hate regularly, and as we make rare space in General Public Comment for residents to address this council every Monday and most recently declared our pilot to prioritize young voices on the first Monday of each month, we actively invite speakers from all walks of life,” said Torres. “We sit squarely in the space of democracy and civic participation and will continue to champion those ideals.”

Torres said the city council is working with the city’s technology team “to review logs and procedures and determine how the breach occurred, with the goal of preventing future incidents.”

Watson said he’s not sure what the council can do to prevent incidents like this from happening in the future.

“I don't think there's anything we can preemptively do,” said Watson. “We allow communities, community members to come and provide public comment. We open a virtual link to make sure that the city council is accessible to folks that can't make it down to the city and county building.”

Watson said he wanted the girls to know that the city council stands with them.

“The fact that they had to face that level of racism just broke our hearts,” said Watson.

The council members said children should never be targets of hate.

“It's disgusting,” said Lewis. “It is absolutely maddening."

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Why'd it take so long for them to cut the zoom.:mjpls:there's no reason our girls had to endure this humiliation.

This isn't an outlier. Unless that was a voice changer, this was zoom pushing 1960s cism. There's a lot more out there who share the same sentiments about us. Cacs have shown time and time again they won't move on anti-Blackness they way they do AZN or Jewish cisms. Don't expect a solution to this problem to come from them.

This Gaza thing almost made me forget how cac rightwingers believe Jews are destroying America via Black people integration.

Basically this

Last edited:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Years ago I saw a photo of people protesting Ruby Bridges going to a white school.
The black and white image makes you think it was 100 years ago.

Then you find out Ruby Bridges is still alive. She's 69.
The men and women who yelled all those racist things were the parents of children who are now 70-ish years old. And their kids are like 40-50 years old now.
All of this to state the obvious -- we aren't that far removed from these brazen Klan scumbags and their hateful ideology remains.

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
Surely these zoom calls can be traced. Even if they are using a vpn or whatever. Hold these cowards accountable. Expose them. Let them get doxxed and fired and publicly shamed. It should not be difficult.
Police don't care. They'll never investigate this.

Had the roles been reversed and some "Black lives matter" protesters zoom bombed a bunch of white kids the FᗺI would be on the case

The Half-Blood FKA Prince

Shroom gummies, liquor and destiny
Daps
Police don't care. They'll never investigate this.

Had the roles been reversed and some "Black lives matter" protesters zoom bombed a bunch of white kids the FᗺI would be on the case
You probably right but that is some bullshyt cause they could easily track this cowardly fakkit if they wanted to. Would take them all of five minutes. And u right if the perp was black u would have secret service kicking his door down and shooting anything that moves.

Already a coward hiding behind a keyboard but they really had to target children :scust:

Fukking punk ass sissy little fukking cac pos. Probably never even had so much as a whiff of box in his miserable lonely ass life.

AtomicUse

Superstar
Daps
My sister-in-law is a nurse and a few years ago she quit her job and went to Denver for a traveling nurse position for a few weeks, and my now wife and I had to visit every week because she was so miserable there dealing with the people, this is not surprising, given what we experienced. One of the worst cities I’ve been to, as far as the people.