U.S. Building More Apartments Than It Has In Decades, But Not For the Poor: Report

DonB90

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Last edited:

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
That’s the ill part about all of this. If rent in DC OR NY was 1800 then houston was $900. There’s no where to run. If imma be paying 85 percent of what it costs I’m NYC to live in Texas imma stay my ass in NYC.

With no car expense it’s cheaper
Exactly what I was telling my people and my mother. I don’t care to move to Texas right now as I am not in need of a car. That is an added expense that I do not need.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I am not trying to live in an apartment again, I will at least rent a single family home
Hope you own your home and locked into a Lew interest rate from a couple years ago then. Because the trajectory of what it will costs to rent a house any were is outrageous. they going to be renting micro apartments in the south for 2k soon enough

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
Hope you own your home and locked into a Lew interest rate from a couple years ago then. Because the trajectory of what it will costs to rent a house any were is outrageous. they going to be renting micro apartments in the south for 2k soon enough
I'm already priced out of owning a home where I live. The price of renting an apartment vs renting a home are not too far off these days

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
If humans know how to do one thing, it's waste money on useless shyt.

The money, the man hours, etc. just spent on stupid shyt. :mjlol:

Funny thing is for luxury apartments: most people smart enough to make that kind of money are too smart to pay for one.

Jimmy from Linkedin

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Managing Director at Breh & Breh, Inc
Thanks to REITs apartment buildings have become a product to be flipped. We moved into to a 2br unit, the first people to occupy the unit. The building was sold 3x during 18mos.

Went from 4.8 stars to deleted Google profile to 3.7 stars in two years.

Our drywall cracked from just the building settling.

$2600/mo in charlotte

br82186

Superstar
Daps
Bruv Richmond Highway from Crystal City to Fort Belvoir in Alexandria is going ape shyt with building these apartments.

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Richmond, VA looks to be still have reasonable rent prices looking at them with an NYC lens. A quick glance on Apartments.com the highest I seen was a little over 2K a month. I wouldn't mind living in Richmond if NYC doesn't work out for me.

To me Richmond, Charlotte and Raleigh are tye holy trinity of the south :yeshrug:

Outside of RVA the south is looking real spooky with those rent prices :sadcam: As an New Yorker we always had the south to fall back on if NY got too expensive, that doesn't seem to be an option for most of that region anymore..

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Didn't need a study to get this point across out here. You're damn near better off scrounging up the down payment money for a smaller house or condo instead of renting at this point. :mjlol:
This is what it finally came to for me. Was going to rent a bit longer to save for something but with the direction of prices, locking in something consistent that might get equity in a few years finally made sense. Glad I was in a position to save a 5 figure nest egg. Cant speak for other folks though cause the shyt is rough.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
And y'all called me crazy for fighting against market forces and corrupt landlords :sas2: