U.S. Census Bureau: California has the highest poverty rate in the country

RatherUnique

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Funny i was thinking the same exact thing...

North Philly makes Compton look like Disneyland....

Some blocks have you like "People really live in that building." :dahell: shyts don't even look inhabitable. Then you see the little kids playing outside on these apocalyptic ass blocks not realizing how bad a hand they been dealt :to:

Brown_Pride

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atheist for Jesus
Theres more people in california than those other states combined dumbass. :stopitslime:
basically this. Consider it shares a border with a third world country and the existence of an ever widening wealth gap more people will naturally equate to more poor people. Not exactly earth shattering. That and internal migration i'm sure plays a factor. If I as homeless and given the choice of being homeless in Iowa during december or being homeless in sunny fukin california then damn right I'm hopping a train to perpetual sunshine.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
This doesn't mean anything.

Theres more people in California than entire countries.
Wonder what he thinks about all the whites who live trailer parks all throughout the state. This is a misleading study, @DEAD7 come school your boy on all the poor red neck towns around your way....

And on the very outskirts of every major metropolitan area

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
Democratic super majority :ahh:

It's been an absolute blessing for minorities out here :blessed:
Progressive zoning laws and wage increases have shown us exactly where we shouldn't live in the state and forced us into the simpler more pleasant areas. :obama:

Power shortages :banderas:water shortages:banderas: the list goes on :lawd:

You guyS think tanking one of the best economies in the world and maintaing the highest poverty rate in the nation in a state this progressive is easy?:troll:

Last edited:

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

RatherUnique

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dahell: Compton looks like shyt compared to where I live.....
Compton is clean and middle class lookin' stop it. You wouldn't even known it was a hood like that just visiting. It used to be a middle class city so it's all nice housing stock/yards etc.

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
I'm on the fence about immigration....but import upper 100,000s of thousands of people every single year, have a high tax rate, which forces companies to leave, which hurts the state financing even more for those unemployed masses.....brehs

Last edited:

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Let me the first one to admit I don't understand this new alternative way of gauging the poverty rate. Maybe someone can break it down. I'm too high to bother with all of that right now.