U.S. Prison Chiefs Visit Norway Prisons & Mind Blown By Norway's Treatment Of Inmates...

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
It's not just about comfort, it's about treating people like humans.

The goal can't be for people to come out worse than they came in
The goal isn't for everyone to come out, but most are in for their owns crimes against humanity or the be short, not treating humans like humans.

Prison needs reform, but many criminals have no desire to reform. That's just keeping it real. And the reason we do a lot of this song and dance is due to racism that leads to imbalanced sentencing, imbalanced arrests, imbalanced convictions, and the desire to perpetrate these and other norms for prison to turn a profit.

We can discuss not paying inmates and forcing them into slave labor. We can criticize prison for not rehabiliting those who seek it, but there's nothing immoral about punishing criminals a priori.

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
The US or Canada? Serious question.
Both,
Neither system is beneficial for the betterment of society.

Treating ppl with respect, giving them a purpose (education, trade skills, etc.) and giving them the required treatment to change current behaviours is sorely lacking in the North American “ just lock em in a cage and punish them” system

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Their culture is nothing like ours. This shyt shouldn’t even be compared to each other.

Please leave sharp objects in the open in US prisons and see what happens. Americans as a whole are more violent than Norwegians.
Because we are conditioned this way.

IMO, it’s more than just a prison/punishment issue. The whole system needs an overhaul.

Ppl shouldn’t be going to jail for not violent crimes.....period.

And the ones that commit violent crimes need behavioural and or drug/alcohol treatment to help them find new ways to cope and live.

Then you will see that only a very small percentage of ppl are truly “unfixable”.

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
Still better than Trump and the choice was between the two of them. Emotions don't lead to smart political choices. Sorry.
Emotions?????
Dude plz dont vote, stay home!!

Not opting for mass corruption is has nothing to with emotion.

#ImWithHer = Stupid symbolic emotions

I could say the say dumbass shyt to you that you didnt vote for Trump due to emotions. But I wouldnt because emotions has play

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown

IMO, it’s more than just a prison/punishment issue. The whole system needs an overhaul.

And the ones that commit violent crimes need behavioural and or drug/alcohol treatment to help them find new ways to cope and live.

Then you will see that only a very small percentage of ppl are truly “unfixable”.
I would agree with this.

And the worst is solitary confinment

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

Lol ok.
How many violent movies or songs are played in Norway compared to here?

I can turn on the radio at any moment and hear songs about killing, robbing or shooting someone getting played on PUBLIC radio for little children to hear and soak up.

The whole American culture and society needs a overhaul

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Lol ok.
How many violent movies or songs are played in Norway compared to here?

I can turn on the radio at any moment and hear songs about killing, robbing or shooting someone getting played on PUBLIC radio for little children to hear and soak up.

The whole American culture and society needs a overhaul
but that's my point.

THAT is part of the conditioning that I am talking about. Just as Europeans are more liberal with Sex and we are the same way with violence.

Here we don't look at violence as something out of the ordinary...where in fact we should. We need to change that type of thinking.

Daps
I was watching Lockdown, and they were showing prisons abroad, and I think it was Israel, the inmates packed to go to prison, and had all their sneakers lined up in the cell. In one of the European prisons, they were interviewing a man, and they interrupted to tell him his gold watched he ordered had arrived. They also don't go after you if you escape, but they want their prison uniform back.
:skip:

Listen

Tell me moar
Daps
Reppin
A few Floors Down from the Daily Grind
Let me just walk myself through this brainstorm:

Forget Race, Color, Creed for a moment and focus solely on human condition.

Lets focus solely on what the US considers the 4 major felony groups and think about the persona of who those people are.

People who steal things (robbery etc)
People who physical harm other people (assault, murder, rape)
People who deal in and around drugs (smuggling, distribute, pimps/prostitutes)
People who cheat and lie (white collar crimes)

So lets think about the "why?" for these personas:

Theft is a lack of self control/ability to follow the rules. Its a necessity if you feel you have no other way to make money/get money. It is taking the easy way out to easy money.
Physical harm is a lack of self control to not hurt others or take a life. It is often a result of childhood trauma. It can be a sign of mental illness.
Drug dealing is a lack of self control/ability to follow the rules. Its a necessity if you feel you have no other way to make money/get money. It is taking the easy way out to easy money.
Lying/Cheating is a lack of self control/ability to follow the rules. It is almost solely based on greed through can also be a sign of mental illness (narcissistic disorders, etc). It is taking the easy way out to easy money.

3 out of the 4 major groups can be 100% rehabilitated with just Counseling, Education, Training and Opportunity. Maybe not everyone will come through, but treating 3 of those groups like humans and helping them to not steal, rob sell drugs or cheat are completely solvable.

The physical group is the one that would require more. Real therapy, longer stays etc.

Obviously the problems are more intricate, but still....