U.S. Soccer moves to WarnerMedia's Turner Sports with games on TNT, TBS, and HBO Max through 2030

Good deal for US Soccer?

• Total voters

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Soccer has grown a tremendous amount in the United States in the last 30 years.
I don't think most people understand how dead it was in this country. Even when we hosted the 1994 World Cup and MLS began, most people thought it would never work. It's made great strides.

That said, soccer is still prohibitively expensive at the youth level in this country. So unless those costs start coming down, I don't think it will ever get to the point where it's a consistent powerhouse. At least when competing with other countries.

This is a major step though -- being on HBO and popular cable channels like TNT and TBS.

calh45

Cal
Daps
This might be fukked up to say, but TNT would get better ratings if they showed Mexico's games on their network. The US mean's team entire infrastructure isn't built to build an actual winning team.

concise

Veteran
Daps
This might be fukked up to say, but TNT would get better ratings if they showed Mexico's games on their network. The US mean's team entire infrastructure isn't built to build an actual winning team.

Wouldn't work. Mexican fans are not going to tune in to watch subpar coverage of their team in English. They get extensive pre game and post game coverage in their primary language on free to air tv channels.

FS1 has been showing Liga MX games over the years and it does almost nothing for them. Meanwhile those games on the Spanish channels always get great ratings and still get better rating than anything, even the PL.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Until they fix the losing problems on the mens side the sport won’t rapidly grow

calh45

Cal
Daps
Wouldn't work. Mexican fans are not going to tune in to watch subpar coverage of their team in English. They get extensive pre game and post game coverage in their primary language on free to air tv channels.

FS1 has been showing Liga MX games over the years and it does almost nothing for them. Meanwhile those games on the Spanish channels always get great ratings and still get better rating than anything, even the PL.

Maybe I'm the only one, but I stay watching them games. TJ was on the other day with a last minute win. I used to watch them on the Spanish channels, but my Spanish is horrible at best.