Uber Ride Near East Hollywood Turns Violent After Passenger Asks Driver to Stop Texting

Which rideshare do you use when you are too drunk,have suspended driving privileges, or no car?

• Uber

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Lyft

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Carma Carpool

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jimi Swagger

I say whatever I think should be said
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Turtle Island to DXB
This is why I prefer Lyft. Drivers are more a bit more professional and less of that fresh out of the county vibe. Always end up being therapist for Uber drivers as they talk about their shytty divorces and life transitions or nearly jumping out of a rolling vehicle because I feel like I am being set up :scust:. Can always spot transplants in Southern California, they are usually big with bad teeth. Chick will look like Rhianna or in 2 years years though. Proud of sis for being so calm because I would have swung or brandished a gun if he grabbed my foot.

Uber Ride Near East Hollywood Turns Violent After Passenger Asks Driver to Stop Texting While Behind the Wheel

A woman caught a violent Uber ride near East Hollywood on her cellphone after she told her driver to stop texting while driving.

woman.jpeg

Tanelle Peppers described how an Uber driver became violent after she asked him to stop texting while driving. (Credit: KTLA)

The incident occurred about 4:30 p.m. Sept. 13 near the intersection of Beverly Boulevard and North New Hampshire Avenue.

Tanelle Peppers, 30, said she had requested a ride from the San Fernando Valley to Hollywood when her driver started texting behind the wheel.

She told KTLA that she asked the driver if he was texting and he started to curse at her. She added that the driver called the police while they were on the freeway and wanted her to get out. She began recording the interaction as she waited for police. That's when things began to escalate.

The man is seen in the video getting out of the car and going to Peppers' side to pull her out.

"Don't touch me," Peppers is heard yelling at the driver.

She said he charged at her, punched her and knocked off her prescription sunglasses.

Once she got out of the car, the driver ran over her sunglasses and he drove off.

Peppers reported the incident to Uber, and is hoping to get reimbursed for the ride, her medical bills and damaged property. She went to urgent care after the altercation.

In a statement to KTLA, Uber spokeswoman Tracey Breeden said the safety of riders and drivers is "of utmost concern."

"In order to best protect everyone in the vehicle, we require compliance with the law. You will find information on safety guidelines for riders and drivers in our Community Guidelines," Breeden said in the statement.

"If at anytime a driver or rider feels unsafe they can end a ride. We encourage drivers and riders that at any time if they feel unsafe to first contact 911 and report to police," she added.

WARNING: Video below includes graphic language and content.

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps
Reminds me of that video of that Hispanic chick arguing with an uber driver a while back.

She's right he needs to not text and drive and I think she has every right to tell him so. However like that Hispanic chick she fukks up and is wrong when she breaks out the phone and start arguing with the man in his own fukking car. If he wants you out of his car you need to gtfo. It's his property. Take his information and report him to uber.

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps
some people are good at texting and driving:manny:

i browse the internet all the time when i drive
fukk out of here dude. Dude is right. If I'm paying you to drive me somewhere it's reasonable to ask you not to text and drive. You're distracted. Period.

Like I said though once he says get out, she needed to get out.

How much you want to bet that recent train crash is going to turn out to be because the driver was distracted.

Jimi Swagger

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Turtle Island to DXB

:russ:
My aunt can eat a full meal and drive a straight shift. A homeboy who will have a face to face conversations with you whether you are sitting passenger side or backseat when driving. Oddly enough they have decent driving records.

At 15, my dad drilled the driving at 10 and 2 o'clock positions and checking blind spots every minute so I could never do such things in good conscious - especially when being paid for a service.

无名的

Superstar
Daps
Uber and Lyft are necessary evils in LA, but there's a serious lack of professionalism and accountability. I went from North Hollywood to Hollywood a few weeks ago and the driver was whipping around the corners through the mountains at an excessive speed, while telling me about his baby mama drama.

Taxi drivers are worried about losing their jobs. If one of these drivers gets canned for some egregious behavior, there's another job in the on-demand economy right around the corner.

Fart Knocker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly->NYC->Philly
My aunt can eat a full meal and drive a straight shift. A homeboy who will have a face to face conversations with you whether you are sitting passenger side or backseat when driving. Oddly enough they have decent driving records.

At 15, my dad drilled the driving at 10 and 2 o'clock positions and checking blind spots every minute so I could never do such things in good conscious - especially when being paid for a service.

my pops has been known to read the newspaper while he drives:mjlol:

Scholar

Superstar
Daps

It's fine if you do that by yourself. The only problem comes when someone is being paid as a professional driver and they start to text because they are endangering the client.

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps

Thing is though according to last stats 1/4 of crashes are now due to cell phone distractions. 1/4 of crashes these days could have not happened if people weren't on the phone.

Secondly, not everyone who text and drives is going to get in an accident but let's be honest. How many times have you've seen someone swirving or drifiting out of their lane only for you see them dead eyed looking down at their phone when you pass? Or they drive unreasonable slow or you have to beep at them to move when the light goes green.

Jimi Swagger

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Turtle Island to DXB
Uber and Lyft are necessary evils in LA, but there's a serious lack of professionalism and accountability. I went from North Hollywood to Hollywood a few weeks ago and the driver was whipping around the corners through the mountains at an excessive speed, while telling me about his baby mama drama.

Taxi drivers are worried about losing their jobs. If one of these drivers gets canned for some egregious behavior, there's another job in the on-demand economy right around the corner.

It may be Southern California thing - the place is like Florida of rideshare app drivers. Back east, drivers seem to have a little more tact; remember taking one to the Smithsonian when visiting my classmates and the driver apologized for the traffic from some government summit/convention(we actually so Obama in a motorcade). Recently had an Uber driver who sounded like ESL was her second language and high off something other than life. Had to give directions in San Diego because the GPS/app wasn't working, she kept going down the 5, full speed towards TJ :damn:(and we didin't have passport/birth certificate on hand just in case she accidentally crossed). She was trying to fix the GPS, phone in hand while driving instead of pulling over. She was 20 mins late picking us up, I should have cancelled, my mistake. Said she lived in Poway and just ventured out for the extra money and only driven for 2 weeks and said "fukk it, this is probably will be my last week:manny:" so my shyt review wouldn't have mattered anyway.

I first used Uber in London where the drivers wore suits and drove black luxury vehicles. Was a culture shock when I used it in Budapest ( you think California is bad?) and then back home.

Last edited:

606onit

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Passport Abuse
nikka was settin up plays while on the wheel. Hoe shoulda minded her business and took the cheap ride. These people think they invincible royalty cuz of social media, a phone, and demand industry. Foh