UFC 170 is so trash, it's not even funny

Daps
breh i fell asleep on this shyt, looks like i didnt miss anything :mjpls:

:dead: I'm an MMA fan, but the future of the sport ain't looking that good. Rhonda & Jones the only stars in MMA now? :skip: Dana needs to start finding and making more stars ASAP.
UFC got popular when they had a hot tv show and a bunch of characters with personality to hype up the fights (tito, rampage, rashad, gsp, nick diaz, etc) this new generation dont got that showmanship, casual fans dont want to see two highly skilled athletes roll on the ground, trash talk = $$$, ask Money Mayweather

based punk in the crowd with dana :leon:

1964790_10100099087854635_582332305_n.jpg
Unabomber-sketch.png

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
why do you guys hate Rousey? Is it the John Cena effect you guys don't want her pushed to main event status?

I doubt most of you actually paid for the event...out here complaining while streaming this shyt for free lmao

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
why do you guys hate Rousey? Is it the John Cena effect you guys don't want her pushed to main event status?

I doubt most of you actually paid for the event...out here complaining while streaming this shyt for free lmao

IDK in a short time she's given people plenty of ammo for hate

- Playing Tate the way she did
- UFC trying to pimp and promote her in only the most annoying of fashions
- "SHE'S THE FLOYD MAYWEATHER OF MMA!!!" :krs:
- Ducking cyborg and still talkin shyt
- She's had so many events (including TUF) in such a short time
- Pretty boring fights imo, this last one being a huge disappointment (not her fault tho)
- And last but not least, Joe Rogan's nauseating amount of dikkriding

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
IDK in a short time she's given people plenty of ammo for hate

- Playing Tate the way she did
- UFC trying to pimp and promote her in only the most annoying of fashions
- "SHE'S THE FLOYD MAYWEATHER OF MMA!!!" :krs:
- Ducking cyborg and still talkin shyt
- She's had so many events (including TUF) in such a short time
- Pretty boring fights imo, this last one being a huge disappointment (not her fault tho)
- And last but not least, Joe Rogan's nauseating amount of dikkriding

fair enough i'm not a hardcore fan just a casual MMA fan and the marketing works on me I think she's pretty awesome

I feel that the way they market her is to get non-hardcore fans interested and it has worked at the expense of hardcore fans who keep up with everyone

I mean she's attractive and can kick ass thats pretty much a guaranteed formula

Don Mack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Rousey is one of the few fighters in the UFC I still enjoy watching. If it weren't for her, Pettis, Sonnen, McGregor, Steve Thompson, Jon Jones, Wanderlei Silva, Browne, and maybe a handful of others I'd be done with MMA altogether. The Glory kickboxing matches are way more exciting.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...5-i-will-retire-you-like-i-did-to-gina-carano

Could a women's superfight between the UFC's Ronda Rousey and Invicta FC's Cristiane Santos take place at 135 pounds before the end of the year?

According to "Cyborg," that's exactly what's going to happen. Check out what the Invicta women's featherweight champion said in a statement sent to AXS TV's Inside MMA:

In reference to Ronda’s statement that I am looking for a payday so that I can retire, you’re right, I am looking for a payday to retire you like I did Gina Carano. But to show it’s not only about money, I challenge you to a fight – winner takes all. Or better yet let’s fight for FREE. ANYTIME! ANYWHERE! Ask your daddy Dana to make it happen.

... Now I know critics will say “I thought you said you would die if you made 135.” All I’m promising is that I will give 100 percent to try to get to 135 to make this plan happen. If I do, I will still listen to my doctor’s advice and fight no more than three times at 135: first to win the Invicta belt, the second time to kick your ass and the third time to kick your ass again so that the world can see it wasn’t luck. You can even have me tested every week up to the fight. That way you will not have an excuse after I kick your ass.

Just over a year ago, Santos asked for her release from her Zuffa LLC contract, the parent company of the UFC which also owned the now defunct Strikeforce promotion until it folded last January, after she could not come to terms for a bout with Rousey, per MMA Weekly.

As recently as Monday, Both Rousey and UFC President Dana White expressed a serious disinterest in booking "Rowdy" against her Brazilian counterpart, though neither have ruled the fight out if it occurs at bantamweight, per Fox Sports.

In hopes of facilitating this potential big-money title fight, UFC Hall of Famer Tito Ortiz resigned as Cyborg's manager shortly after once again getting called out by White.

White and Rousey have also been very critical of Santos' failed post-fight drug test in December 2011 for the anabolic steroid stanozolol, per MMA Junkie.

While critics have often accused Santos of using performance-enhancing drugs on a regular basis throughout her nearly nine-year career due to her blistering knockout power and muscular physique, this was the only instance of her failing a drug test.

Cyborg is expected to defend her belt next month against either Ediane Gomez or Julianna Budd, while Rousey puts her strap on the line against Sara McMann Saturday evening in the main event of UFC 170.

Should Santos somehow mange to cut down to 135 pounds, will fight fans really be gifted with the opportunity to see a superfight with Rousey before the end of the year?

Vulgar :scusthov:

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
If Ronda improves her shyt striking defense, she would be damn near unbeatable. I mean last night she dominated an olympic wrestler in the clinch. And she is so much physically bigger then anyone its crazy. Mcmann is a swole girl and Rousey towered over her. I don't think anyone for the foreseeable future can beat her at 135. Not even Cyborg. Cyborg can't even make 145lb regularly. Who knows how she will look at 135

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

I don't hate Rousey. I think it was unprofessional that she didn't shake Miesha's hand, but other than that :yeshrug:

yo moms

drunk
Daps
why was cummings in against cormier in his first fight in the ufc? :dahell:

thats just dangerous mismatching. could have gotten killed in there. :dahell:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I don't hate Rousey. I think it was unprofessional that she didn't shake Miesha's hand, but other than that
dont know why this gets so much play, miesha was accused of spitting on her back and only making overtures for the sake of the cameras.She (bein tate) never disproved that statement or never having apologized to rousey in person.That to me sounds like a gsp type that just plays goody too shoes for cameras/and to be admired but has another persona behind it