UFC 203[9/10] "I'm Knocking Reem Out For The Land": (Miocic/Overeem, Werdum/Browne, CM Punk/Gall)

Who Wins Saturday Night?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Gif recap

bear-leo.gif

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
"He's an actor. He's a phenomenal actor. It could've been acting," Gall said at Saturday's post-fight press conference. "I knew my kill stuff was going to be more than his kill stuff. I know two-year guys. I beat up 10-year guys. I've been doing it since I was a teenager, so I knew what to expect. I knew I'd be able to dominate.

"I don't want to be disparaging, but I was fighting an amateur. So I 100-percent need to prove myself still. That's why I'm excited to get going now. Now the real work, now the real fights. Every fight is a fight, and he's training at Roufusport, a great place, (so) I do feel a sense of accomplishment, sure. I came in there, I loved seeing the crowd, all of that stuff, but yeah, I don't feel like I beat a great fighter. I beat a fighter, not a great fighter."

"You're an actor, you're not what you're depicted to be"

29z4wsz.png

anigif_enhanced-buzz-4528-1381155488-21.gif

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Breh, have you ever rolled before? There's blue belt women in my class who'd fold half y'all nikkas up in a grappling match. A white belt vs a brown belt is like LeBron vs a player off the street. They'll lose 10 times outta 10
Theres levels to this shyt. It could take up to 10 years or longer to get a black belt. There was an interview with Frank Mir who was the former heavyweight champ. He's got a solid ground game but when he was rolling with damian maia (4th degree black belt) who he outweighted by tons he said he felt like an amateur. Keep in mind that this is Frank Mir the guy that tapped out Brock Lesnar.

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
Theres levels to this shyt. It could take up to 10 years or longer to get a black belt. There was an interview with Frank Mir who was the former heavyweight champ. He's got a solid ground game but when he was rolling with damian maia (4th degree black belt) who he outweighted by tons he said he felt like an amateur. Keep in mind that this is Frank Mir the guy that tapped out Brock Lesnar.

Frank said this about Maia: "If he wanted to have sex with me, I don't think I could stop him". :dead:

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
You know Frank Mir is talking strictly jujitsu right? Cuz I don't recall silva/maia ever going to the ground so what perspective are you alluding to?

If you saw the fight..Maia wasnt even able to get Silva to the ground and you could see his frustration....the fact a jui jitsu master cant get someone of his own weight to ground shows something

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
If you saw the fight..Maia wasnt even able to get Silva to the ground and you could see his frustration....the fact a jui jitsu master cant get someone of his own weight to ground shows something
They aren't the same size for 1 and you aren't going to take Silva down without wrestling which maia who was very one dimensional in those days did not have