UFC 211 [5/13] "Everything's Bigger In Texas" (Dos Santos/Miocic, Jerzzkkjjk/Andrade, Maia/Masvidal)

Who Wins Saturday Night?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
This new trend of an injury announced days outside a fight is infuriating to say the least. Pettis dodged a bullet

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
DALLAS — Saturday night’s UFC 211 card has taken a last-minute hit.

Sergio Pettis vs. Henry Cejudo has been canceled, MMA Fighting has learned. According to multiple sources, a hand injury has forced Cejudo out of the fight, which was slated to take place on the pay-per-view main card.

I was looking forward to that fight :simeone:

Willy Waffle

Willy Da Waffleman
Daps
Reppin
#GIANTS #KNICKS #RANGERS
I got gamebred winning, would suck for Maia honestly tho. I think Stipe can win. @storyteller was telling me Andrade gonna test Joanna possibly with her grappling

can't we say, joanna's grappling has already been tested with her 2 fights against, claudia and shown she has good TDD and even if you get her down, it's hard to keep her down. esparaza was another wrestler who couldn't get her down. andrade puts on alot of pressure and just might get joanna down but, what will she do? :manny: also, i think andrade is just toooooooo flat footed and is just wild motherfukkka to stand up with joanna who's use footwork and use of distance is something no else in that division has. joanna cardio is something else as well, we'll see what andrade gas tank look like come the mid to late rounds.

I've seen Edgar at -110, money to be made imo I see him taking the decision.

william hill betting got edgar even money. at the moment, i'm not even gonna touch this shyt, maybe at the last minute though. i've always liked frankie but, i don't like this fight for him.

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
can't we say, joanna's grappling has already been tested with her 2 fights against, claudia and shown she has good TDD and even if you get her down, it's hard to keep her down. esparaza was another wrestler who couldn't get her down. andrade puts on alot of pressure and just might get joanna down but, what will she do? :manny: also, i think andrade is just toooooooo flat footed and is just wild motherfukkka to stand up with joanna who's use footwork and use of distance is something no else in that division has. joanna cardio is something else as well, we'll see what andrade gas tank look like come the mid to late rounds.

william hill betting got edgar even money. at the moment, i'm not even gonna touch this shyt, maybe at the last minute though. i've always liked frankie but, i don't like this fight for him.
:ohhh: you wanna talk MMA with me now I was confused how come you never in the MMA official thread :ufdup: I got Joanna winning regardless. @storyteller just brought up that she has a good grappling game and she's a bigger fighter dropping down in weight. We both have her winning. I also went as far as saying on the podcast if Joanna was a guy she would be up there with Conor because she's a very exciting fighter and I said she's a way better fighter than Ronda ever was and she needs to legit get that UFC machine behind her.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
:ohhh: you wanna talk MMA with me now I was confused how come you never in the MMA official thread :ufdup: I got Joanna winning regardless. @storyteller just brought up that she has a good grappling game and she's a bigger fighter dropping down in weight. We both have her winning. I also went as far as saying on the podcast if Joanna was a guy she would be up there with Conor because she's a very exciting fighter and I said she's a way better fighter than Ronda ever was and she needs to legit get that UFC machine behind her.

Yeah, the comparison to Conor is a really great point imo and you mentioned Ronda Rousey as well. If Joanna got a Ronda style push, she'd flourish. She's got some of the tough girl bully in her during fight time but comes across as humble and likeable outside of competition. I think even without the looks, she could excel as the "tough female role model" that the UFC pushed on Ronda when she really wasn't a great role model at all.

Also I totally neglected to mention in my commentaries that the two have trained together and have some familiarity. That doesn't say much for how the fight will go, but it could impact how they approach fighting each other (Andrade did say that she was able to take JJ down though which is notable if legit).

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
This new trend of an injury announced days outside a fight is infuriating to say the least. Pettis dodged a bullet

It really does seem to be happening once or twice per event this year, just insane. Pettis could use the extra time though, I agree. Dude is on a nice run and he's starting to put everything together. But man would be great if Pettis pulled that out, 125 needs some name power ASAP after letting cats go. I'ma legit namedrop Kyoji Horiguchi for the entirety of 2017 as the biggest fumble the UFC could have made.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Gadelha was able to trap JJ against the cage for the first two rounds before gassing. Andrade, I suspect could pull that off and do similar things but hit for more power. I think JJ should win but I get the closer odds, Andrade's strength has been untouchable so far in the division which makes it interesting.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
JJ needed to strip at the weigh ins,:dwillhuh: never had any weight issues before moving to ATT:sas2: