UFC 215 [9/9] "A Fight Night Card, At A PPV Price" (Nunes/Shevchenko II, Dos Anjos/Magny)

Who Wins Saturday Night?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cheech&Chong

rip chinx
Daps
Reppin
I want to see that as well, put on paper Joanna/Thug Rose will probably be more entertaining.

joannas one of my favorite fighters, male or female. Shes a beast and her attitude is hilarious

U gotta win the strap, Val didn't

I gotta get it, that's one problem with a counter puncher

thats what people dont get. Did she inch a win out by points, maybe but she definitely didn't do enough to get the belt.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
joannas one of my favorite fighters, male or female. Shes a beast and her attitude is hilarious

thats what people dont get. Did she inch a win out by points, maybe but she definitely didn't do enough to get the belt.
One thing I've noticed about mma is that the pressure fighter is always given more points by the refs. It doesn't matter if your landing or not

Daps
That shouldn't have given her the fight tho. Valentina was countering the hell out of her all rounds and landed more significant strikes. Nunez didn't do shyt with the take down

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
You have to take the title, Valentina did a lot of talking in the lead up to this fight but let Amanda dictate the pace. Amanda walked her down the whole fight and although Valentina landed some shots she never had her in trouble. Disappointing performance from both. Valentina should drop to 125 and scoop that belt up if she can make the weight. I don't wanna see her against Nunes again any time soon.

Did not expect RDA to walk through Magny like that, that choke was death and he cut through Magny's gaurd like butter. Looks like 170 is where he belongs, I'd love to see him against Lawler next.

Cejudo looked much improved, his punches were quick, powerful and crisp. Love how he incorporated that karate stance and used a mixed up his striking to get the KO.

Stephens ate up Gilbert with those low kicks, don't know why these dudes in the Cesar Gracie camp refuse to defend leg kicks. Wouldn't be surprised if Gilbert's shin was cracked.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Just saw the main event how exactly did amanda win again? She lost the 2nd and 4th and was losing the 5th in striking, got a TD,att a rnc failed, got another TD and did nothing from the top. VV was actually more active from the bottom gettin in strikes. Even DC was saying amanda won the 5th.

One of the most frustrating things about this sport is nobody knows what they are watching

DLo

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Just saw the main event how exactly did amanda win again? She lost the 2nd and 4th and was losing the 5th in striking, got a TD,att a rnc failed, got another TD and did nothing from the top. VV was actually more active from the bottom gettin in strikes. Even DC was saying amanda won the 5th.

One of the most frustrating things about this sport is nobody knows what they are watching

Agree 100%. They need to do something about these judges. Better training or a MMA judging certification but something needs to change. I'm not saying Valentina got robbed but I thought she did enough to win the fight. She barely got touched in those exchanges.

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Rogan and DC spent more time gushing over Nunes lil bullshyt leg kicks then they did Valentina cleanly countering her over and over again. Even her leg kicks were more effective, you could see how bruised up Nunes's thigh was.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rogan and DC spent more time gushing over Nunes lil bullshyt leg kicks then they did Valentina cleanly countering her over and over again. Even her leg kicks were more effective, you could see how bruised up Nunes's thigh was.
It was a bullish!t fight

One person was afraid of gassing and the other one was afraid as fuk

Val is a more skilled fighter without much pop, she should if went after nunes but her power had her shook

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
So does holm challenge nunes or cyborg?

I think Holm is going after the Cyborg fight, bigger potential payday and reward. Nunes has said she has to take some time off and won't be fighting for the rest of the year. Raquel Pennington is really the only one at 135 with any momentum at the moment, but she hasn't fought in awhile. She might end up taking one more fight before a title shot.

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
They both fought tentatively and the champ more often than not gets the nod in a close fight. Valentina should've went for some takedowns to try tiring Amanda out.