UFC 247 On ESPN+ PPV [2/8] “Swangin’ & Bangin” (Jon Jones/Dominick Reyes, Shevchenko/Chookagian)

Who Wins Saturday Night?

• Katlyn “Blonde Fighter” Chookagian

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Jones is an old 32

Jones original plan was to retire by 30, he said that back in '13. Would've allowed an avenue to bow out like MJ in '98, undefeated and GOAT status.

But because of all the dumb shyt he did getting suspended, popped, popped again, suspended again, etc, here he is in this quasi-treadmill state in his 30s with no end in sight

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
People have been leaving his gym in droves. I remember reading that they brought in complete newbies (as in, literally people who just started training) to train for Holly Holm's fight. Holly is at the same gym as Jon Jones.
Really? Where you been reading that

• Dap
Reactions: R=G

JordanwiththeWiz

you mad..you big mad..I’m happy..leave me alone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Goat
EQUKVUEWoAECiIl

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
lmao Cejudo controlled DJ most of the fight with his stalling ass wrestling and you said he more of a case

you sound stupid, Jon Jones controlled the Octagon the entire fight, and took the fight to Reyes that's why he won, these guys don't take the fight to Jon when things get tough they fold every time because they get scared

fight was there for Reyes but he got scared, end of story

At least Cejudo could argue he won because of his take downs, even though he didn't do any damage, he had DJ on his back most of the fight, Jones clearly won the fight, you even thought he lost to Santos, where Jon Jones landed more kicks on santos than santos did on him and that was his main success in the fight

people like you can't be objective

Wtf are you talking about? Cejudo landed probably three takedowns that whole fight. He got throughly outstruck so how was DJ on his back the entire fight?Everyone from fans to media outlets had DJ winning. Sure Jones has cage control but Reyes was still landing combos off his back foot/angles hence the striking adv for the first three. That’s why I said it’s ARGUABLE he lost

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The first two rounds were not as dominant as people made them out to be btw. Jones was rolling with a lot of those punches which is why he was never really hurt during the fight.

On another note, I thought Jones would dominate Adesanya, but now I'm not so sure. Izzy has some of the best TDD in the division, but not so sure how he'd cope with someone who will outweigh him by 20+ lbs. On the feet though I think it's more decisive. He may be a step too quick for Jones.
I think Izzy lights him up like a christmas tree, those single strikes that Jones throws are even easier for Izzy to navigate around. Get thru Romero and if I'm Izzy's team I would say fukk the Costa fight and go get Jones.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
I think the truly remarkable thing about Jones now is that his biggest attributes is his fight IQ and determination. Because he’s pretty mediocre especially now that he’s older/off the roids. But the way he’s able to pace himself and adjust especially in the champ rounds is amazing

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wtf are you talking about? Cejudo landed probably three takedowns that whole fight. He got throughly outstruck so how was DJ on his back the entire fight?Everyone from fans to media outlets had DJ winning. Sure Jones has cage control but Reyes was still landing combos off his back foot/angles hence the striking adv for the first three. That’s why I said it’s ARGUABLE he lost

man you are retarded, when he took him down they stayed on the ground the majority of the round, thats called being controlled, it's how MMA's is scored is not just how many times you took him down, he was able to keep him there even though he didn't do anything he still controlled him

I thought DJ won the fight, but I understand why he lost, because I understand the rules of MMA lmao, I don't agree with the rule because wrestling isn't fighting, but THATS ARE THE RULES OF MMA IN HOW ITS SCORED, so it comes into a factor

You can't complain about it after the fact

You acting like this some kind of robbery, when the fight was close, just proves you are biased, and a sore loser, and can't accept outcomes you didn't want

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
The first two rounds were not as dominant as people made them out to be btw. Jones was rolling with a lot of those punches which is why he was never really hurt during the fight.

On another note, I thought Jones would dominate Adesanya, but now I'm not so sure. Izzy has some of the best TDD in the division, but not so sure how he'd cope with someone who will outweigh him by 20+ lbs. On the feet though I think it's more decisive. He may be a step too quick for Jones.

Jones got hurt twice during the fight which is why he went for the takedowns but I understand your point.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
In twitter, they whining about 49-46...what's the truth about that score? Did Jones really lose 3 rounds?