UFC 247 On ESPN+ PPV [2/8] “Swangin’ & Bangin” (Jon Jones/Dominick Reyes, Shevchenko/Chookagian)

Who Wins Saturday Night?

• Katlyn “Blonde Fighter” Chookagian

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
i think his career and former? lifestyle are taking a toll. between the bullshyt he was doin at a young age, that partying and shyt catches up.

he aint no spring chicken.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
then what are you crying about lmao

You gotta live with the judges decisions, every tough fight jones will ever have you will say he lost just because you want him to lose lmao, that's why someone like you would never be a judge

breh what are you talking about? I posted that this could go with way before the scorecards. So how I’m I hoping he would lose. People in her posting you have to finish him. When someone like Cejudo had less of a case against DJ then Reyes and won his belt. Stop begging for arguments

OfTheCross

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
JJ has the goat defense in MMA history and thats why he's been up so long. He almost never gets hit clean and when he does he literally runs to teh other side of the ring. He'll never be KOed like that so the only hope is to outpoint him.

If he had a real jab he'd be able to shyt on nikkas well into his 40s

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jones is past his prime. He's not washed up, but he's clearly no longer the dominant force he used to be.

That's the problem when you've been at top for so long, and have people gunning for you, and studying you everday, and why only the greats can have long title runs

Khabib only got 1 title defense and 12 fights in the UFC, Jones got more title defenses than Khabib has fights in the UFC, he been on an amazing streak, but if he ain't blowing people out the water, he losing lmao

same shyt with Erroll Spence versus Porter, since be blew out everybody else, soon as gotta get gutter in the trenches, oh he exposed, nah, the tough fights is when you see who really the great and who not, the real ones pull out the victory in end no matter what

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
If Addy get past Yoel in a major way I expect him to talk mad shyt to Jones

#BookitDana

Yes, if Jones gonna lose the belt someday.

I prefer it be to someone black and worthy. Not no swagless chump that’s just gonna be FOOD to Gus and the last 3-4 contenders Jon just beat

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Jones has regressed BIG time. Same combos over and over again, and is reluctant to use his dynamic wrestling (Reyes' take down defense is legit though). He won't remain champion for long imo

Yea, peep what I said before the PPV

Not saying it'll be this fight, but Jones is getting to that stage in his career where all that's left is to see whether he'll retire before he inevitably gets "caught" by some guy he would've handily beat 8 years ago.

It's crazy how time flies because I'm now starting to view him the same weary way I viewed Silva before the first Weidman fight

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
A somewhat nebulous decision to be sure, but a Jones win makes Sherdog cacs mad so :manny::umad:

Jones one of the youngest guys at the heavier weights age wise, but in fight years he's an old dog at this point. His wrestling especially is so much more labored and less explosive/dynamic now; if he can't chop his opponents legs down like he did Gus he can't really secure takedowns at all anymore. Worlds apart from 5 years ago where he was tripping DC of all people and holding him down like a father with a unruly child :wow: I think he might need a change of camp at this point; Jackson's is apparently a joke now compared to what it was in it's heyday if you wanna believe what every top fighter who's left there in the past 2 years has to say about it. There's so much footage of his and that camp's gameplan and style it's a miracle he still hasn't straight up definitively lost after almost a decade of being champ. Changing it up with that trailblazing camp that Izzy and Volk are both from would do him a lotta good IMO, but he's so personally attached to Jackson Wink he probably won't consider such a thing till it's too late unfortunately...

He's not moving to New Zealand to change camps, but leaving Jackson-Wink might be best for him at this point. His repertoire is so much more limited than in the past. Elbows off the jab or clinch, body kicks, sidekicks to the thigh/knee, and hooks are his primary weapons at this point, and he leans on them a LOT. His wrestling is mediocre at best these days, and he hasn't actually added anything to his moveset in about 4-5 years. What's keeping him champ is fight IQ, stamina, and willpower at this point. I could certainly see guys like Reyes and Thiago Santos possibly retooling and beating Jones in the near future if he doesn't change something right now.

However, he IS still winning, so I highly doubt he makes any radical changes to his training camp. So it goes.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
breh what are you talking about? I posted that this could go with way before the scorecards. So how I’m I hoping he would lose. People in her posting you have to finish him. When someone like Cejudo had less of a case against DJ then Reyes and won his belt. Stop begging for arguments
DJ got robbed. We all know it.

Whether someone thinks Reyes' energy dropping off in the third led to a different lens for the (sane) judges is more than fair. Reyes thought he was safe in round 5 when he shouldn't have.

Eliminate the judges impact by finishing people is all I'm saying :manny:

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
His takedown entries and wrestling overall have certainly regressed, it wasn't just this fight but the Anthony Smith and Santos fights as well. His boxing has never been anything to write home about and won't get any better with Jackson-Wink

I think Santos and Reyes are just dudes with freak strength in relation to the takedowns. He toyed with Smith though. UD12 Mayweather used to be the easiest bet in sports. Perhaps it is now UD5 for Bones. A first round finish or a 5 round decision still gets the same thing breh, a W. Could he be point fighting a bit, who knows? Jon is now fighting people regularly that fight big like him, that want to take the fight to him. Basically, he just waits them out then slowly begins to return fire. It's a script, just like Floyd fights were. You knew it was over when the right hand lead was landing with regularity. When those front kicks from Jon start landing all the time, he's found the range and it is just a formality at that point.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

lmao Cejudo controlled DJ most of the fight with his stalling ass wrestling and you said he more of a case

you sound stupid, Jon Jones controlled the Octagon the entire fight, and took the fight to Reyes that's why he won, these guys don't take the fight to Jon when things get tough they fold every time because they get scared

fight was there for Reyes but he got scared, end of story

At least Cejudo could argue he won because of his take downs, even though he didn't do any damage, he had DJ on his back most of the fight, Jones clearly won the fight, you even thought he lost to Santos, where Jon Jones landed more kicks on santos than santos did on him and that was his main success in the fight

people like you can't be objective

sportscribe

Superstar
Daps
The first two rounds were not as dominant as people made them out to be btw. Jones was rolling with a lot of those punches which is why he was never really hurt during the fight.

On another note, I thought Jones would dominate Adesanya, but now I'm not so sure. Izzy has some of the best TDD in the division, but not so sure how he'd cope with someone who will outweigh him by 20+ lbs. On the feet though I think it's more decisive. He may be a step too quick for Jones.