UFC 257: McGregor vs Poirier 2

Who wins the main event

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
i like this Poirier guy, he get pointing at mcgregor all 2 rounds ... when mcgregor connected or got too close Poirier would comically point at him like "saw that bro" :russ:

top clash.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Inches
Daps and rep.

Great, great post. He's one of the best one dimensional fighters ever. But he's average at other skills that he could've elevated. His grappling is actually underrated on defense and offense. Like, can you imagine how much better he'd have even in the last 5 years if he had developed at least one really reliable takedown? It's crazy to see someone that has held two title belts seem unable to take the fight to the floor when they need.

I forgot what fighter it was, but someone a few years ago said almost all of his offense is a giant smokescreen to distract opponents from the fact that the straight left hand is what he's almost always trying to land. If that wasn't true at 145 lbs, it was definitely true after. He fell in love with that left hand after Aldo, and he totally stopped throwing punches and also that front kick to the body. He got heavier on his feet but maintained the bladed stance. Gassed himself out by trying to throw every strike as a fight-ending shot.

And the crazy thing is that he got away with these habits because he was so elite at just a few skills. When people talk about the best one-dimensional fighters they often talk about grapplers, like Demian Maia for example. Conor has to be high on the list too.
I believe him when he said he whooped Paulie's azz during sparring. That clearly went to his head. He needs to watch that Artem/Paulie fight. Cuz if Artem touched him like that, a lot of amateurs could touch Paulie up. So its not some great accomplishment.

Also agree with Paulie that his coaches are delusional yes men. Kavanaugh talkin bout Dustin/Conor 3 for a belt :russ: the hell. If he wants a career, he needs to go fight Gaethje and prove he can beat one of these guys.