UFC 280 On ESPN+ PPV [10/22 @ 2 pm ET] “Saturday Matinee: Return To Fight Island” (Oliveira/Makhachev, Sterling/Dillashaw, Yan/O’Malley)

Who Wins Saturday Afternoon?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
Event: UFC 280: “Oliveira vs. Makhachev”
Date: Sat., Oct. 22, 2022
Broadcast: ESPN+ PPV, ESPN, ESPN+ (10 a.m. ET Prelims | 2 p.m. ET Main Card)

UFC 280 PPV Main Event On ESPN+:

155 lbs.: Charles Oliveira vs. Islam Makhachev for vacant lightweight title

UFC 280 PPV Co-Main Event On ESPN+:

135 lbs.: UFC Bantamweight Champion Aljamain Sterling vs. T.J. Dillashaw

UFC 280 Late ‘Prelims’ Under Card On ESPNEWS/ESPN+:​

135 lbs.: Petr Yan vs. Sean O’Malley
155 lbs.: Beneil Dariush vs. Mateusz Gamrot
125 lbs.: Katlyn Chookagian vs. Manon Fiorot

UFC 280 Late ‘Prelims’ Under Card On ESPNEWS/ESPN+:​

170 lbs.: Sean Brady vs. Belal Muhammad
185 lbs.: Caio Borralho vs. Makhmud Muradov
205 lbs.: Nikita Krylov vs. Volkan Oezdemir
125 lbs.: Muhammad Mokaev vs. Malcolm Gordon

UFC 280 Early ‘Prelims’ Under Card On ESPN/ESPN+:​

145 lbs.: Lucas Almeida vs. Zubaira Tukhugov
170 lbs.: Magomed Mustafaev vs. Yamato Nishikawa — CANCELED (details here)
170 lbs.: Abubakar Nurmagomedov vs. Gadzhi Omargadzhiev
185 lbs.: Armen Petrosyan vs. A.J. Dobson
135 lbs.: Karol Rosa vs. Lina Lansberg

*Fight card, bout order and number of fights remain subject to change.*

LFG :cook:

Daps
Amazing card with huge implications for the two deepest divisions in the promotion.

It's hard not to root for Charles, one of the most feel-good championship runs ever.

I think TJ's backlash is the worst ever seen for someone who popped in MMA, it'll be interesting to see the reaction from fans given whatever outcome takes place.

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
Pulling for Charles and Aljo.

But I don't see how Aljo beats TJ. I don't know how he will get him down to work the ground game. And on the feet, Aljo isn't dynamic or range-y enough like Cory was to stop TJ.

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
Pulling for Charles and Aljo.

But I don't see how Aljo beats TJ. I don't know how he will get him down to work the ground game. And on the feet, Aljo isn't dynamic or range-y enough like Cory was to stop TJ.

KingDanz

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Even though Dillashaw was on drugs, his striking has always been :wow: Aljo shouldn't trade with him.

sportscribe

Superstar
Daps
I got:

Makhachev via KO
Aljo via submission
O'Malley via decision

Think the main event is going to be like Usman v Covington. Because both are strong in grappling, it ends up being a boxing match. The first couple scrambles will dictate the fight..

Think Aljo is going to try and be a human backpack on Dillashaw. I like him winning via submission. Probably an RNC.

Peter Yan has good stand up. Sean O'Malley has a slightly better stand up if you take into account all the tools. Actually, I'd say there are very few fighters in the UFC that have standup as good as him. Izzy and Gane are more polished, but not many others. The trouble is that Yan isn't much of a submission threat. He likes everything in boxing range. I think O'Malley fights from distance and tries to pick him apart from the outside. He won't risk getting into close boxing range because of Petr Yan's ability to counter. He will fight from distance and try to get a decision.

All these fights are very close though, so the opposite happening wouldn't really surprise me at all.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I got:

Makhachev via KO
Aljo via submission
O'Malley via decision

Think the main event is going to be like Usman v Covington. Because both are strong in grappling, it ends up being a boxing match. The first couple scrambles will dictate the fight..

Think Aljo is going to try and be a human backpack on Dillashaw. I like him winning via submission. Probably an RNC.

Peter Yan has good stand up. Sean O'Malley has a slightly better stand up if you take into account all the tools. Actually, I'd say there are very few fighters in the UFC that have standup as good as him. Izzy and Gane are more polished, but not many others. The trouble is that Yan isn't much of a submission threat. He likes everything in boxing range. I think O'Malley fights from distance and tries to pick him apart from the outside. He won't risk getting into close boxing range because of Petr Yan's ability to counter. He will fight from distance and try to get a decision.

All these fights are very close though, so the opposite happening wouldn't really surprise me at all.

Olivares aint getting ko’d by Islam breh