UFC 292 On ESPN+ PPV [8/19 at 10 pm ET] “Aljo Versus Dana White Privilege” (Sterling/O’Malley, Weili/Lemos)

Who Wins Saturday Night?

• “Funkmaster” Aljamain Sterling

Votes: 23 88.5%
  • “Suga” Sean O’ Malley

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Zhang “Magnum” Weili

Votes: 19 73.1%
  • Amanda Lemos

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Listen

Tell me moar
Daps
Reppin
A few Floors Down from the Daily Grind
3 arrows celebration was gully I won’t lie. but dry humping paulo costa was at best corny and at worst hella suspect and corny

Alijo’s problem is that he isn’t likeable, Izzy’s problem is that he’s a clown
Alijo seems perfectly likeable to me…he just isn’t well liked by the fans for some reason.

A lot of these UFC fighters seem pretty cringe to me honestly.

prince_peoples

Superstar
Daps
No disrespect to O’Malley because he capitalized off that terrrible terrible lead left hand sterling threw

But wtf was aljo trying to do :mjlol:?

Was he purposefully trying to get knocked out throwing that bullshyt?

How are you a world champion and your boxing is that terrible?

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
Man…I’ll give it to Sean. He went in there and did what he had to do. He has dynamite in his hands and one shot can end it just like that.

However, the stoppage was a little too quick…I’m not saying it was horrible because of the damage Aljo started to absorb but he was still actively defending himself. I just think as dominant of a champ Aljo was, he deserved more time.

It was wack how the crowd booed him afterwards tho. The sad thing is…he won’t get a rematch although he should just based off his reign as champ.

Again, Sean did what he had to do but it’s clear as day Dana and the UFC are fully behind him as being one of they’re main attractions. Aljo will never get that type of support. It is what it is

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Just the fact that they forced Aljo to defend his title 15 weeks after fighting Cejudo was bullshyt. This was Dana's payback for Aljo winning the title the way he did.

Sterling made a comment earlier this week that he's tired of the weight cut to 145. So imagine the grueling camp he went through to beat Cejudo then right after that he has to go back into camp and cut weight again. I think that really affected his chin. Also I noticed he didn't look as shredded as he usually does this fight. I think he should've let Sean fight for an interim title. Even letting himself get stripped would've been better than giving the UFC exactly what they wanted

O'Malley is an exciting fighter and seems like an ok person but fukk the ufc hype machine is going to be annoying these next couple of months.
:dahell: what recovery time did he actually need after that retirement celebration for cejudo?

and when aljo goes up because the 145 cut is too rough, he's getting smoked by all the guys in that division lmao

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
UFC uploaded the video Sean O'Malley win and it almost has 3 million views already

:dead:

Dana-White-Money.jpg

Sir ZDuke

All Star
Daps
Great right from OMalley but the stoppage was waaaaaaaaaay too early :camby:
Man…I’ll give it to Sean. He went in there and did what he had to do. He has dynamite in his hands and one shot can end it just like that.

However, the stoppage was a little too quick…I’m not saying it was horrible because of the damage Aljo started to absorb but he was still actively defending himself. I just think as dominant of a champ Aljo was, he deserved more time.

It was wack how the crowd booed him afterwards tho. The sad thing is…he won’t get a rematch although he should just based off his reign as champ.

Again, Sean did what he had to do but it’s clear as day Dana and the UFC are fully behind him as being one of they’re main attractions. Aljo will never get that type of support. It is what it is
Yeah, Suga has the machine behind him. I don’t think the stoppage was early, it’s in that grey area between an early stoppage and a conventional stoppage. This is the last frame before the stoppage, not seeing how Aljo could defend himself in that position

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
:dahell: what recovery time did he actually need after that retirement celebration for cejudo?

and when aljo goes up because the 145 cut is too rough, he's getting smoked by all the guys in that division lmao
He cut weight to fight Cejudo. Didn't really have time to recover from that weight the cut then had to cut weight a second time for O'Malley. This isnt even getting into the wear and tear a training camp does to a fighters body.

“The other main problem is that you can lose too much fluid around the brain. This can cause some trauma and make you more susceptible to knock outs.” In general, it is smart to start thinking about weight cutting about four to six weeks prior to the fight."