UFC 296 On ESPN+ PPV [12/16 at 10 pm ET] “Holiday Chaos” (Edwards/Covington, Pantoja/Royval II”

Who Wins Saturday Night?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
Josh-Emmetts-UFC-KO-win-gives-Bryce-Mitchell-convulsion.gif

QBN

All Star
Daps
Just wanted to say I am thankful for the Coli MMA brehs. It's hard for a Black MMA fan to find a place to discuss MMA/UFC events without all the MAGA cheerleading and :mjpls:

UFC is an openly MAGA company that shows blatant favoritism to White fighters while treating former champ Aljo like this:

Aljo had to watch the event from a local bar. :stopitslime:

We all wanted to see Colby unconscious, but in a way him being so completely ineffective and having his own MAGA fans turn on him was even sweeter. :heh:

Leon is a strategic, calculated fighter (even though he did take risks by grappling and trying to submit Colby). He deserves credit for fighting smart and not letting emotions mess up his game plan, though it wasn't the most entertaining fight. It takes two to make a good fight, and Colby did nothing last night.

Closed casket on his title shots (hopefully!)

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Just wanted to say I am thankful for the Coli MMA brehs. It's hard for a Black MMA fan to find a place to discuss MMA/UFC events without all the MAGA cheerleading and :mjpls:

UFC is an openly MAGA company that shows blatant favoritism to White fighters while treating former champ Aljo like this:

Aljo had to watch the event from a local bar. :stopitslime:

We all wanted to see Colby unconscious, but in a way him being so completely ineffective and having his own MAGA fans turn on him was even sweeter. :heh:

Leon is a strategic, calculated fighter (even though he did take risks by grappling and trying to submit Colby). He deserves credit for fighting smart and not letting emotions mess up his game plan, though it wasn't the most entertaining fight. It takes two to make a good fight, and Colby did nothing last night.

Closed casket on his title shots (hopefully!)

They aint turned at all they saying Leon took the actual L for not knocking him out...

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
They aint turned at all they saying Leon took the actual L for not knocking him out...

They always gonna find some bullshyt reason to downplay anybody black success in this stage of the game.

Only problem is you can’t argue with facts. Leon shut colby down the whole “well he ain’t knock him out etc” is the same pull they did with Floyd. Its semantics.

That’s also another reason UFC/MMA will always be the welfare office of sports. Truth be told that element was always there.

Which is wild cause pre-Chael fakkit face Sonnen it was much more “fair” then people give the Tapout era credit for

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea Usman still can give dudes problems

Got power unlike Colby aka chael jr
Nikkas need to go back and watch that Leon/Usman fight. There's a lot of revisionist history

Usman was winning for literally 95% of the fight. I distinctly remember the commentators talking about it like it was over. Talking about what Leon was failing to do, THEN he got that KO:russ:

Nikkas wasn't calling him old before that

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can't stand the way MMA fans are still trying to go with the "He's just playing a character" narrative. Dude is just a piece of shyt.

People aren't paying to see Covington, He doesn't have a Belt, He got kicked out of his gym, and His former teammate stated how much they disliked him, If that's all from him playing a character that shyt didn't pay off.

Dana has always had questionable judgement when it came to pushing certain fighters, Colby was never going to be that guy, he's boring, pillow fisted, and an aging wrestler with shytty trash talk that decided to be an a$$hole on top of that.
When he lost to Kamaru Usman he siad afterwards how the mockery and criticism got to him. He knows the feeling yet he does it to others because there's something in it for him. I don't want to hear shyt from this guy. Go home and suffer in silence.

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can't stand the way MMA fans are still trying to go with the "He's just playing a character" narrative. Dude is just a piece of shyt.

People aren't paying to see Covington, He doesn't have a Belt, He got kicked out of his gym, and His former teammate stated how much they disliked him, If that's all from him playing a character that shyt didn't pay off.

Dana has always had questionable judgement when it came to pushing certain fighters, Colby was never going to be that guy, he's boring, pillow fisted, and an aging wrestler with shytty trash talk that decided to be an a$$hole on top of that.

I agree with everything you said except I think in a sense people are paying to see him. Colby has main evented multiple PPVs, more or less off the strength of his “character”/ promos and people like me wanting to see him get KO’d.

Dana said PPV pre-orders went up significantly after the nasty press conference with Leon, which I don’t doubt. people do love drama and beef.

The one thing I’ll give Colby credit for is getting a buzz and selling fights. He does it in a dirty, cheap way and I can’t stand him - but he gets people’s attention.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Sherdog talking about how shytty and bias the commentary of Leon Edwards was.

Spot on

QBN

All Star
Daps
True, I meant to say the ones in the building who were booing him last night.

heart

Down By Law
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Sherdog talking about how shytty and bias the commentary of Leon Edwards was.

Spot on

Mush mouth Daniel Cromier is the worse on commentary. He's 100% Dana's bytch and a company man, I can point to so many examples.