UFC 297 On ESPN+ PPV [1/20 at 10 pm ET] “Tears Of A Clown” (Strickland/Du Plessis, Pennington/Bueno Silva)

Who Wins Saturday Night?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
Event: UFC 297: “Strickland vs. Du Plessis”
Date: Sat., Jan. 20, 2024
Broadcast: ESPN+ PPV, ESPNN, ESPN+(6:30 p.m. ET Prelims | 10 p.m. ET Main Card)

UFC 297 Main Event On ESPN+PPV:

185 lbs.: UFC Middleweight Champion Sean Strickland vs. Dricus Du Plessis

UFC 297 Co-Main Event On ESPN+PPV:

135 lbs.: Raquel Pennington vs. Mayra Bueno Silva for the vacant bantamweight title

UFC 297 Main Card On ESPN+ PPV (10 p.m. ET):

170 lbs.: Neil Magny vs. Mike Malott
185 lbs.: Chris Curtis vs. Marc-Andre Barriault
145 lbs.: Arnold Allen vs. Movsar Evloev

UFC 297 ‘Prelims’ Card On ESPNN/ESPN+ (8 p.m. ET):

135 lbs.: Brad Katona vs. Garrett Armfield
145 lbs.: Charles Jourdain vs. Sean Woodson
135 lbs.: Serhiy Sidey vs. Ramon Taveras
115 lbs.: Gillian Robertson vs. Polyana Viana

UFC 297 Early ‘Prelims’ Card On Fight Pass/ESPN+ (6:30 p.m. ET):

170 lbs.: Yohan Lainesse vs. Sam Patterson
125 lbs.: Jasmine Jasudavicius vs. Priscila Cachoeira
125 lbs.: Malcolm Gordon vs. Jimmy Flick

*Fight card, bout order and number of fights remain subject to change.*

• Dap
Reactions: QBN

profound

technique
Daps
i thought strickland was annoying before this emotional stuff, now i kinda wish he goes back to the typical redneck thing. du plessis is right that men dont want to see men cry, and he's right that sean should have kept his mouth shut about DM'ing plessis apologizing and threatening to ''ruin both their lives''. i cant imagine strickland is strong enough to win this fight.

israel chimed in

I’m going to go with Dricus. Is it going to go the distance? I’m going to say no. Not that I don’t respect Sean or his skills, the guy beat me. Of course, I respect his skills. I’ll say [submission]. He’ll submit him.

Daps
Strickland vs. DDP for the middleweight strap will feel like a fever dream in 3 years. Might be the most random title fight for the division since pre-Silva.

8====D

¡Vamos Spurs Vamos!
Daps
Reppin
210 | 334
Sean is a blemish that must be packed out. Izzy such a fukking mark for giving this mentally inept bigot a bigger platform
No lies told. Adesanya is a certified bytch!

fukk Izzy and whoever raised him!

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sean is a blemish that must be packed out. Izzy such a fukking mark for giving this mentally inept bigot a bigger platform

Pure facts. The fact that this fight is a main event tells you how lacking the UFC is in actual star power right now, let alone truly relatable and likeable ones.

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
Pure facts. The fact that this fight is a main event tells you how lacking the UFC is in actual star power right now, let alone truly relatable and likeable ones.
I know they have shaky mains here and there but who is available? You got 300 around the corner, Leon, Pantoja and Alex just fought and Sugar Bowl ain't fighting. Who's left?

QBN

All Star
Daps

G'damn :scusthov: He is right about Trudeau though. :pacspit:.
I can't really back either him or DDP because of suspected :mjpls: but I hope it's a good fight with a violent finish.

Cole Cash

They took a hammer and sickle to my back
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland

G'damn :scusthov: He is right about Trudeau though. :pacspit:.
I can't really back either him or DDP because of suspected :mjpls: but I hope it's a good fight with a violent finish.

For one Canadians didn’t “vote” for
Trudeau, it don’t work like that. For two, I know how homophobic/transphobic some of y’all are, but imagine Any NFL/NBA player saying this shyt. They really let these crackas say anything.

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
Trudeau, it don’t work like that. For two, I know how homophobic/transphobic some of y’all are, but imagine Any NFL/NBA player saying this shyt. They really let these crackas say anything.
there are UFC fighters popping p*ssy on onlyfans. I think it’s safe to say that the UFC purposely operates differently from the NFL/NBA.

Last edited:

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps

strickland represent the majority of ufc fans so no surprise they let him speak his mind.

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo

Mike Tyson literally called a reporter a f@ggot and threatened to rape him with zero consequences. There has always been a different set of rules for fighters in comparison to other athletes.