UFC 297 On ESPN+ PPV [1/20 at 10 pm ET] “Tears Of A Clown” (Strickland/Du Plessis, Pennington/Bueno Silva)

Who Wins Saturday Night?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

prince_peoples

Superstar
Daps
At worst that fight was a draw.

I think I gave Strickland 3 rounds.

the new champs looks like a bar fighter

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
African Giant :wow:

Fs4fKU-XsAAE9vs.jpg:large

profound

technique
Daps
i used to bet on draws when i thought a fight would be close, till i realized close fights aren't scored as draws. those are only scored when 10-8's come into play.

ForeverLurking

Posts as a Service
Daps
Reppin
The Place Where Dreams Go To Die
Forgot this was on tonight. Didn't check the prelims but what I saw from the main card makes me feel bad for the Toronto crowd that paid to see this live.
My stream dropping at inopportune times might've made this card more watchable

• Dap
Reactions: QBN

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Strickland had to come up off that belt. Making headlines for the wrong reasons and you can't have him with a live mic no more. Good job Du Plessis.

Not passing up playoff football for a bad UFC card.

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
I had a feeling that Strickland would lose. I’m not gonna call him lucky for beating Izzy because he fought a good fight but Izzy didn’t take him seriously at all and was still riding off the win against Peirra. The fight was closer than most people think but I still say it was a clear win for Strickland.

With that said, the fight going into a decision was gonna favor DDP unless Strickland dominated the fight. Strickland is a complete nut job and a ticking time bomb. He always said wild crazy shyt in interviews/podcasts but this week he crossed the line by some of the things he said. UFC is a brand now….they’re more corporate now then the past.

Not only his mouth is an issue but he dont carry himself like a professional at all. He even said “fukk this belt” on multiple occasions. You can’t have your own fighters trashing the belt. :dead: