UFC 297 On ESPN+ PPV [1/20 at 10 pm ET] “Tears Of A Clown” (Strickland/Du Plessis, Pennington/Bueno Silva)

Who Wins Saturday Night?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
akeem-african.gif
:deadrose::dead:

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
someone remarked how strickland was ''enjoying being champ'' rather than ''trying to stay champ'', like how miesha tate did when she won the title

dude got the belt and thought it meant he kept it forever :mjlol:

I think one of the bloody elbow guys wrote that in their previews. I don’t think that’s the case. He just got a fluke win over Israel. He’s honestly not that good.

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus

DerrtySouthpaw

Gawdisbyke
Daps
Reppin
404 to 205
Sean Strickland being humble in defeat is exactly why I hate him because he’s Colby Covington but an actual mixed martial artist. legit talent with how this division currently is

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I hate virtually everything about the ufc outside of the fights and Strickland encapsulated all of that. No champ should be as brazenly stupid, hypocritical snd hate filled as that. Even in a org of low IQ nikkas like the ufc

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
But at the very least Dana doesn’t have to worry about the PR nightmare that is Strickland. Dude kinda got exposed in the lead up of this bout too. Talking shyt nonstop about other fighters but in Du Plessis DM begging for peace and crying like a ho on that road rules cac podcast. Good riddance. Two annoying crakkkas washed in back to back months

profound

technique
Daps
Drake's curse continues.

when i kept hearing ''drake bet this event'' but didnt know who it was on, i couldn't believe i was facing the possibility of having the same bet as him, so i ran to google to see he had strickland and i was :whew: knowing my dricius bet was insulated with drakes shytty luck

Tyrantus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But at the very least Dana doesn’t have to worry about the PR nightmare that is Strickland. Dude kinda got exposed in the lead up of this bout too. Talking shyt nonstop about other fighters but in Du Plessis DM begging for peace and crying like a ho on that road rules cac podcast. Good riddance. Two annoying crakkkas washed in back to back months

Who was the other guy?

Edit: Nevermind. I figure you're talking about that human stain, Colby.

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
So I was playing catch up and saw nothing but negative comments on every page I viewed. Thank God I stayed home tonight.

:blessed:

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
I rly think his mouth lost him this decision... Sure DDP was always on the offensive but he was punching air most of the time and those takedowns were useless and he was the champ. A draw was more fitting but after that trash card it would have been a huge fukk YOU to that crowd.
I would rly like to see DDP fight a sober Costa

DerrtySouthpaw

Gawdisbyke
Daps
Reppin
404 to 205
I hate virtually everything about the ufc outside of the fights and Strickland encapsulated all of that. No champ should be as brazenly stupid, hypocritical snd hate filled as that. Even in a org of low IQ nikkas like the ufc
Same dude who confessed to wanting to be a neo Nazi and recently roasted Colby for his comments on Leon’s dad dying. Crying about ppl being soft but fights ddp for his comments and cries on Theo von podcast over his abuse as a child. Wannabe antihero mfer

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
I was so happy that cheating azz Silva got her azz beat tonight hahaha. She did all that screaming with theatrics during her intro and Pennington beat her ass. I had actually picked Silva to win by decision. I didn't think Pennington would dominate like this. damn.

Vεnεficα

All Star
Daps
The first half of the prelims were better than the main card. Strickland's fight should have been the co-main of another PPV instead of being the headliner but of course Dana White tried to push another mediocre scumbag fighter as the next big thing and flops again, and honestly I wasn't impressed with DuPlessis either.

Oh, and UFC should give Val the bag to go up to Bantamweight, nobody up there is beating her if Nunes stays retired.