Broadcast: FOX Sports 1, Facebook

MAIN CARD (FOX Sports 1, 7 p.m. ET)

Demian Maia vs. Jake Shields
Dong Hyun Kim vs. Erick Silva
Matt Hamill vs. Thiago Silva
Joey Beltran vs. Fabio Maldonado
Rousimar Palhares vs. Mike Pierce
Raphael Assuncao vs. T.J. Dillashaw

PRELIMINARY CARD (FOX Sports 1, 5 p.m. ET)

Igor Araujo vs. Ildemar Alcantara
Yan Cabral vs. David Mitchell
Chris Cariaso vs. Iliarde Santos
Alan Patrick vs. Garett Whiteley

NovelThug

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm rooting for Shields, Hamill, and Dillashaw to win. I would like to see Dillashaw knock him out since that would just be awesome for Team Alpha Male and the Bang Era.

PHamm

Superstar
Daps
pretty uninspiring cards. but alot of times these type of cards end up being the best. maia/shields is actually one of the few fights where the grappling matchup should be quite intriguing.

DHK is a very tough fight for E. Silva. If he wins, he needs to fight a top 10 guy next.

Matt Hamill vs. Thiago Silva is meaningless in 2013. Maybe if it was 2009

Beltran/Maldonado will be a slug fest.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
pretty uninspiring cards. but alot of times these type of cards end up being the best. maia/shields is actually one of the few fights where the grappling matchup should be quite intriguing.

DHK is a very tough fight for E. Silva. If he wins, he needs to fight a top 10 guy next.

Matt Hamill vs. Thiago Silva is meaningless in 2013. Maybe if it was 2009

Beltran/Maldonado will be a slug fest.
who dhk? :ld:

The Infamous

Superstar
Daps
Predictions:

Demian Maia vs. Jake Shields [via UD. He's the better striker and grappler. Shields is durable and has great BJJ in his own right (not Maia level though), so I see it going the distance. I hope this fight hits the mat because nobody wants to see a crappy kickboxing match]

Dong Hyun Kim vs. Erick Silva [via TKO. It will be interesting to see who can implement their gameplan more effectively. I could see either fighter winning, but I'm leaning towards E. Silva. I'm actually surprised he's almost 3-1 favorite, I see some value on DHK at those odds.]

Matt Hamill vs. Thiago Silva [via most dangerous mean mug in MMA. Hamill hasn't looked that great as of late and his wrestling will be neutralized by Silva's BJJ game. If it stays on the feet, I see T. Silva getting the TKO finish.]

Joey Beltran vs. Fabio Maldonado [via UD. I don't see this fight hitting the ground, it's going to be an absolute brawl. A striking battle favors Maldonado because he's a better on the feet. Either way, I don't see a finish in this fight, both have excellent chins.

Rousimar Palhares vs. Mike Pierce [via UD. I see Pierce keeping this fight on the feet en route to a decision win. Paul Harris has a nasty BJJ game, so I wouldn't be that surprised to see him get the submission victory.]

Raphael Assuncao vs. T.J. Dillashaw [via UD. The Team Alpha Male streak continues.]

Last edited:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I hope Matt puts a beating on that roid monkey but I doubt it LOL
shortsighted thinkin there, if one was to way up which of the 2 is a more xciting fighter its silva all day every day. Who cares if he's a roid cheat, he can't wrestle and has no tdd. He can cheat if he likes with his limitations

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
SMH watch the main event be three rounds of stand-up and clinch work

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
I think it's hilarious that Shields thinks he will win, but even funnier that he thinks he'll get another title shot...

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/...r-hendricks-hopes-to-work-back-to-gsp-rematch

I'm not sure how the hype train happened, but almost every fighter from Strikeforce that's come into the UFC has flopped.

I wouldn't say that, Shields did at least get a UFC WW title shot. Gilbert has only had one fight and a lot of people had him beating Bendo in their title fight. Josh Thomson became the 1st person to stop Nate Diaz in the UFC and is about to fight for the belt. Robbie Lawler has looked solid since coming over and Jacare has looked great.

On this card, I'm looking forward to seeing how Silva does against Stun Gun who is no joke.

The T.J/Raphael fight at BW is interesting as well. Dillashaw has looked really good since losing in the TUF Finale and Team Alpha Male has been on a roll.