UFL united football league 2024 thread

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
They need a Caitlyn Clark, Johnny Manziel, Tebow, Jeremy Lin lightning strike type player to pop up to bring eyes to the product.
They won't get that for awhile. They just don't pay enough. Hell, the only reason CC was able to happen for the WNBA is because they had to stay with it. People had been calling for the WNBA to fold for 2 decades before they finally got in place long enough for a CC. Now they are on the verge of actually turning a profit.

The UFL won't have to lose money for 20 years because they have better ratings but they gonna have to build the product up and that's gonna take a minute, they have to be able to get a good enough TV deal to cover their overhead and after awhile they may be able to eventually pay more money than NFL practice squad guys and that's when they'll start getting real names.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
They won't get that for awhile. They just don't pay enough. Hell, the only reason CC was able to happen for the WNBA is because they had to stay with it. People had been calling for the WNBA to fold for 2 decades before they finally got in place long enough for a CC. Now they are on the verge of actually turning a profit.

The UFL won't have to lose money for 20 years because they have better ratings but they gonna have to build the product up and that's gonna take a minute, they have to be able to get a good enough TV deal to cover their overhead and after awhile they may be able to eventually pay more money than NFL practice squad guys and that's when they'll start getting real names.
Make no mistake about it but I don’t think CC gonna do nothing for the WNBA.

I think this is more comparable to The Big 3 with even all the star power they have had haven’t really been able to have it translate into real success.

I hope they continue on though, Rome wasn’t built in a day

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Make no mistake about it but I don’t think CC gonna do nothing for the WNBA.

I think this is more comparable to The Big 3 with even all the star power they have had haven’t really been able to have it translate into real success.

I hope they continue on though, Rome wasn’t built in a day
Time will tell but CC is already moving the needle. WNBA had their most successful season in 20 years last year off the momentum of LSU-Iowa breaking records. She's already selling out her team's season tickets and making teams get bigger venues to sell out. If she tears shyt up in the WNBA that whole league looks different.

This is more comparable to the BIG3 but this is actually already more successful than the BIG3. The BIG3 just has the benefit of not being a very expensive operation unlike the UFL

Silkk

Daps
Time will tell but CC is already moving the needle. WNBA had their most successful season in 20 years last year off the momentum of LSU-Iowa breaking records. She's already selling out her team's season tickets and making teams get bigger venues to sell out. If she tears shyt up in the WNBA that whole league looks different.

This is more comparable to the BIG3 but this is actually already more successful than the BIG3. The BIG3 just has the benefit of not being a very expensive operation unlike the UFL
Ehhh we’ve had just as big if not bigger stars than CC come into the league and it not translate one bit over the past 20+ years.

I hope it does lead to improved and sustained success…..I just don’t see it.

Kinda reminds me of like when a big WWE star goes and joins another company. Things are usually up for like the first month before new buzz wears off.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Ehhh we’ve had just as big if not bigger stars than CC come into the league and it not translate one bit over the past 20+ years.

I hope it does lead to improved and sustained success…..I just don’t see it.

Kinda reminds me of like when a big WWE star goes and joins another company. Things are usually up for like the first month before new buzz wears off.
Stars bigger than CC? No sir

CC is uncharted territory for them, she's doing crazy numbers, plum, stewart, griner, DT, etc haven't ever been this kind of draw

Silkk

Daps
Stars bigger than CC? No sir

CC is uncharted territory for them, she's doing crazy numbers, plum, stewart, griner, DT, etc haven't ever been this kind of draw
Gotta disagree. The Uconn/Tenn rivalry was HUGE for Womens CBB just like LSU/Iowa. Not sure about the ratings but as far as star power, off the dome

Diana T
Candace Parker
Skylar Diggins :noah:
Maya Moore
Etc.

Were all close to if not just as big a star as CC when they went to the WNBA and it never really translated long term

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Gotta disagree. The Uconn/Tenn rivalry was HUGE for Womens CBB just like LSU/Iowa. Not sure about the ratings but as far as star power, off the dome

Diana T
Candace Parker
Skylar Diggins :noah:
Maya Moore
Etc.

Were all close to if not just as big a star as CC when they went to the WNBA and it never really translated long term
Nah

I understand why it may feel like that to you in real time but none have reached the mainstream the way CC has. The women's chip was watched more than the men's for the first time ever, she's selling out crowds, increasing ticket prices, she has NIL so she's being promoted and marketed, she being mentioned on jeopardy and shyt..

But hey, we'll let it play out. I wont be surprised if their draft monday is their most viewed draft ever and her debut game is one of the most viewed regular season games they ever have.