Ultimate Black Panther

parallax

Superstar
Daps
:ohhh::ohhh::ohhh: Wow....

but where's fate in this universe isnt each universe of the multiverse supposed to be monitored by eternity, fate, infinity the celestials etc etc???:what:

theres a lot we dont know about the universe so far. im guessing the scales arent shifted too bad for the makers actions to not have major repercussions

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
But yea, this is the agenda-free Black Panther that fans always wanted but that white folks with their narrow-minded views of africa and taneisha-coates ass nyggas with father issues and matriarchy on their minds never knew how to pen. T'Challa actually gets to be imposing, regal, competent, and not have that "Jody" energy of needing his mom, sister, Storm, old woman, transwoman, etc having to "baby boy" him.

Also, thank fukking god he's no longer associated with Storm like that. Going with Okoye is much more sensible and i'm glad they gave her an attractive afrocentric redesign. She was always a Dora but her original design was to resemble a 1998 Naomi Cambell and be a potential love interest for BP. But she was then bushed for the next 20 years and only reappeared in the movie as bald (the new Dora look for years at that point) and BP's #1 henchwoman. This comic repurposes her closer to her original intent but follows through on the romance.

I mentioned in the comic thread that this first issue was a great launching point and if it continues/sticks the landing, this will be the definitive T'Challa/Black Panther moving forward. No one will care about that 616 bum. This is the same writer that is concurrently penning the best Blade comic solo series of all time, and arguably Marvel's best book out right now p4p. I posted some scans of his work earlier. This writer has shown to be pretty damn good, so i'm optimistic it'll carry over to this Ultimate BP portrayal.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Interview from the breh who is writing the book

Was there something you wanted to do with the character that hadn't been done before? Was there a departure that kind of surprised you?

I mean, I don't know. I don't want to say that hadn't been done before, right? Because I don't want to skip over some seminal work that I just might not be aware of. But I had felt that for a long time, the character in comics had been kind of mired in a little bit of a small, a little too much allegory to what we're dealing with in society right now. And I wanted to deliver the character from just direct social commentary.

I wanted to deal with the idea of legacy, the idea of royalty, the idea of a king's responsibility to their kingdom, and to bring in even some near cosmic ideas. Really just to kind of, again, expand the possibility of what could be done narratively, because within this universe, you're sort of meeting all of these characters and these dynamics for the first time in a way. And so, you've got the opportunity then to redefine the nature of the experience. That's really where my head went, but plenty of great [work has] been done on the character before. I can't say that I'm doing something no one's ever done, but I'm doing it in a way that feels exciting for me, and hopefully, it's exciting for readers.

Read More: Marvel's New Black Panther Writer Teases 'Epic Territory' & A New Kind Of Wakanda - Exclusive Interview

Just what quote alone is :salute:

I feel like he a coli breh who finally got his big break and is giving back to us brethrens :lupe:

Everything we wanted Blade to be, he did that shyt.

Everything we want T'Challa to be, he doing that shyt. WTf. lol

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
But yea, this is the agenda-free Black Panther that fans always wanted but that white folks with their narrow-minded views of africa and taneisha-coates ass nyggas with father issues and matriarchy on their minds never knew how to pen. T'Challa actually gets to be imposing, regal, competent, and not have that "Jody" energy of needing his mom, sister, Storm, old woman, transwoman, etc having to "baby boy" him.

Also, thank fukking god he's no longer associated with Storm like that. Going with Okoye is much more sensible and i'm glad they gave her an attractive afrocentric redesign. She was always a Dora but her original design was to resemble a 1998 Naomi Cambell and be a potential love interest for BP. But she was then bushed for the next 20 years and only reappeared in the movie as bald (the new Dora look for years at that point) and BP's #1 henchwoman. This comic repurposes her closer to her original intent but follows through on the romance.

I mentioned in the comic thread that this first issue was a great launching point and if it continues/sticks the landing, this will be the definitive T'Challa/Black Panther moving forward. No one will care about that 616 bum. This is the same writer that is concurrently penning the best Blade comic solo series of all time, and arguably Marvel's best book out right now p4p. I posted some scans of his work earlier. This writer has shown to be pretty damn good, so i'm optimistic it'll carry over to this Ultimate BP portrayal.
Don't be too sure about that. T'Challa and Okoye sleeping in separate beds indicates to a marriage based on duty and not romance.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Don't be too sure about that. T'Challa and Okoye sleeping in separate beds indicates to a marriage based on duty and not romance.

I think it's a little bit of both based on how they interact, reading between the lines.

06.jpg

07.jpg

19.jpg

it-n8mAVn-1707319429.jpg

This is closer to how their original interaction was (Priest run), in which there was a very formal tone to it all, on some game of thrones ish, because Priest's T'Challa was a very different type of character than the mopey iterations we saw after. More regal.

Either way, i'm here for it. It's a very refreshing take on a love interest.

seraphx

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think this calls back more to the traditional stuff in Wakanda where they still try to separate duties and traditions and its something they are prolly gonna look to break.