Uncle Sam (The Coli Movie Club)

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
:merchant: I can't watch scary movies I sleep alone. Is it like Jack Frost, scary movie so bad it's hilarious? @kp404

Yea this shyt isn't scary...its supposed to be a "satirical horror" flick lampooning America's fake ass nationalism and anti-war hysteria....its pretty goofy actually..

But there are some creepy shots so I could come over to protect you :saboflabbysick:

Raava

Staff member
Daps
Yea this shyt isn't scary...its supposed to be a "satirical horror" flick lampooning America's fake ass nationalism and anti-war hysteria....its pretty goofy actually..

But there are some creepy shots so I could come over to protect you :saboflabbysick:
cool I will watch it tonight:pachaha:

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
I tried again last night.....got about an hour and I was done.

This shyt just ain't for me....and with holiday festivities and freshly purchased Criterion blu-rays, I can live without finishing this shyt.

I tried brehs, I really did :sadcam:

Grade: Incomplete :russ:

Rich Spirit

#LeveledUp
Daps
Reppin
houston.
Just got done watching it :mjlol: My goodness this movie is all levels of fukkery from the acting to the missing plot holes in the movie (who is that wheelchair kid and how did he get his face burned?:dwillhuh: )

At least no black actor died :yeshrug:

the Uncle Sam monster was straight up weak, a wanna be Michael Myers with the mask:beli:

the ending :camby:

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
I tried again last night.....got about an hour and I was done.

This shyt just ain't for me....and with holiday festivities and freshly purchased Criterion blu-rays, I can live without finishing this shyt.

I tried brehs, I really did :sadcam:

Grade: Incomplete :russ:

Just got done watching it :mjlol: My goodness this movie is all levels of fukkery from the acting to the missing plot holes in the movie (who is that wheelchair kid and how did he get his face burned?:dwillhuh: )

At least no black actor died :yeshrug:

the Uncle Sam monster was straight up weak, a wanna be Michael Myers with the mask:beli:

the ending :camby:

:deadjackson:

sun raw

All Star
Daps
Man this wasn't a bad movie or a so-bad-it's-good movie, it was just an alright movie. The schlocky parts are appropriately schlocky. I like that Uncle Sam is literally an uncle named Sam. I also like that it sort of avoids the respectfulness that so many movies centered around political commentary have. But really what helps is that William Lustig is a good director that can be pretty visually inventive at times. The part with the dude on stilts running away is more fun to look at than most things one expects from a movie like this. At the same time, this is no Maniac or Maniac Cop 2.

The kid was annoying as hell, fukk that little shyt. That's probably the point though.

Robert Forster was also in Lustig's Vigilante so he's no stranger to B-movies.

Deathdream (or Dead of Night) is a much better movie with a similar premise. Directed by Bob Clark, who also made the original Black Christmas and uh, Porky's, A Christmas Story, and Baby Geniuses.