Undisputed 140 King: Terence "Bud" Crawford vs. Julius Indongo (ESPN, Aug 19)

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
TCraw need to point the complaints Bob's way as well

:dahell: what type of promotion did Lomachenko/Marriaga get from ESPN?:what:

That fight was even pushed to ESPN2 and the main event back to 12:20am :dahell:

Blaming ESPN bc you did 4k more viewers on ESPN then you did on HBO?:dwillhuh:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
What was wrong with how ESPN promoted the fight??

All those millions of subscribers did Crawford/Indongo need a 24/7 or something?

Pacquiao vs a cherry pick (that's what the consensus was) did 4.4 mill peak on ESPN & a 2.9 mill average...that was all Pacquiao doing. There wasn't no extra promotion for that fight either that i recall, so what Bud is complaining about, idk.

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dahell: what type of promotion did Lomachenko/Marriaga get from ESPN?:what:

That fight was even pushed to ESPN2 and the main event back to 12:20am :dahell:

Blaming ESPN bc you did 4k more viewers on ESPN then you did on HBO?:dwillhuh:
Loma getting fukked by HOFers sucking their own dikk and pushing back the start time is not the same as lead up promotion homey. Arum was on different ESPN programming hyping up Loma and comparing him to Ali(not just on Fighthype or Esnews) and I saw Sportscenter spots going over the fight, I admit I dont stay glued to ESPN 24/7 but I didnt see the same for Crawford. As for Pac the shyt was so heavily promoted on ESPN that by the last week Lebatard was openly complaining about how sick he was of reading ad spots for the fight, I didnt hear or see Crawford get that same time of advertising push.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Loma getting fukked by HOFers sucking their own dikk and pushing back the start time is not the same as lead up promotion homey. Arum was on different ESPN programming hyping up Loma and comparing him to Ali(not just on Fighthype or Esnews) and I saw Sportscenter spots going over the fight, I admit I dont stay glued to ESPN 24/7 but I didnt see the same for Crawford. As for Pac the shyt was so heavily promoted on ESPN that by the last week Lebatard was openly complaining about how sick he was of reading ad spots for the fight, I didnt hear or see Crawford get that same time of advertising push.

I guess:manny:

HeruDat1

Superstar
Daps

Yeah you right, clearly people seen it
:yeshrug: We even mentioned the difference pre fight

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bringing up Broner in conversations that have nothing to do with him. Means you grasping for straws to me:manny:

Also Im not about to argue with you....you believe Crawford is on Ward's heels without ever even getting in the ring with at least 1 elite fighter while Ward has already KOd 2 P4P opponents in his career over 3 fights vs p4p comp. :forreal:

That's ridiculous and I aint about to waste anymore time talking about a "bud crawford" in the same post as Andre Ward:snoop:

here is the reason why I bring up Broner....

you sittin here talmbout we hyping Crawford up too much...because YOU KNOW he is on Wards heels or you wouldnt give a fukk right?

but you were always hyping Broner. meanwhile shytting on Crawford comp when it was better than Broners. :snoop:

who did Broner ever beat that was better than Postol or Indongo?

I know, Paulie. :mjlol: right?

well, I didnt give you much heat about that but fact is, Paulie was near retirement before he went over to the Ukraine as stopped the undefeated dude. he was just taking any payday he could get and he got fortunate and that extended his career and gave him the belt at the right time to fight Broner. Paulie was a bigger name but he wasnt better than Postol or Indongo at that stage. He got a controversial decision against Cano right before the Broner fight so he got lucky there. Broner barely beat Paulie. He struggled with him early. Paulie comes back and beat the only fighter more washed up than him....Zab. Gets killed by Porter and Swift and lost to Eggerton.

Broner next fight he loses to Maidana. Lost to all the best fighters he ever faced. He didnt stop Molina Jr. He had a struggle SD with Granados. And you in here hyping him for that one SD over Paulie yet shytting on Crawford saying he is overhyped due to his competition that I may add he is dominating. Stopping Indongo with that body shot way more impressive than that struggle win over Paulie.

No fukkin way you can sit here and hype Broner with his level of opposition and controversial decisions and turn around and say Crawford is overhyped. :francis:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Canelo has a very nice resuem especially for a 26 yrs old but Ward has a better resume. Kovalev 2X, prime Froch, prime Kessler, prime Abraham, Miranda, Barrera, Bika, Green, Dawson...

not shytting on Ward's resume at all...but P4P also is about recent activity. All those wins besides Kov were many years ago. Canelo only lost to Floyd. I am not saying Canelo is better than Ward, he is not IMO. I dont think GGG is better than Kov either. However, if Canelo beats GGG, he is going to be P4P #1 on most lists, if GGG stops Canelo, likewise for him. Reason being... this is virtually like Ward vs Kov I except Canelo and GGG way more popular. This a bigger fight with two bigger names.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
here is the reason why I bring up Broner....

you sittin here talmbout we hyping Crawford up too much...because YOU KNOW he is on Wards heels or you wouldnt give a fukk right?

but you were always hyping Broner. meanwhile shytting on Crawford comp when it was better than Broners. :snoop:

who did Broner ever beat that was better than Postol or Indongo?

I know, Paulie. :mjlol: right?

well, I didnt give you much heat about that but fact is, Paulie was near retirement before he went over to the Ukraine as stopped the undefeated dude. he was just taking any payday he could get and he got fortunate and that extended his career and gave him the belt at the right time to fight Broner. Paulie was a bigger name but he wasnt better than Postol or Indongo at that stage. He got a controversial decision against Cano right before the Broner fight so he got lucky there. Broner barely beat Paulie. He struggled with him early. Paulie comes back and beat the only fighter more washed up than him....Zab. Gets killed by Porter and Swift and lost to Eggerton.

Broner next fight he loses to Maidana. Lost to all the best fighters he ever faced. He didnt stop Molina Jr. He had a struggle SD with Granados. And you in here hyping him for that one SD over Paulie yet shytting on Crawford saying he is overhyped due to his competition that I may add he is dominating. Stopping Indongo with that body shot way more impressive than that struggle win over Paulie.

No fukkin way you can sit here and hype Broner with his level of opposition and controversial decisions and turn around and say Crawford is overhyped. :francis:

No matter how much you want to talk about him...Im not about to hold a Broner conversation in a Crawford thread, sorry:yeshrug:

And no, Crawford aint on Ward's heels either breh:manny:

He's overhyped because you putting him on "Ward's heels" and the best fighter he ever faced is Viktor Postol:soggangusure:

Stop disrespecting greatness & just be inspired by it:soggangumad:

#SOGGang

:soggang:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I havent really analyzed the situation much because I havent been up on things much so IDK if ESPN under-promoted or not. My take is this....

@Newzz you are correct about him not being a star off of his name and personality...but Bob said that years ago. but what do you mean ESPN is "free cable"? I live in a TWC/Spectrum market and there is no such thing as free cable anymore since everything is digitally encrypted now. thats a lot less eyes.

also, why is anyone comparing ESPN to CBS? CBS is a broadcast channel. Lastly and most importantly, ESPN just getting back into these kinds of broadcasts so it will take some time for people to start checking for them. I really wanted to see Loma fight but I was busy that day and forgot. I dont even have my DVR set for ESPN Boxing, which most know for Wed and Fri Night fights, not Sat. I didnt forget the Sosa fight though, just easier for me to remember since I been watching BaD and HBOCB since I was a teenager. :yeshrug:

Really was busy the day of the Bud fight and almost didnt see it but I was determined not to forget about it. I did catch Manny fight.

The fact that he is doing the same numbers for lesser fights on HBO should tell you that its more ESPN than anything, whether they did a good job promoting or not. If this was a PBC fight it wouldve done better, even if the opponent was lesser than Indongo. Hell, I told my brother about Pac and Bud fights, this nikka aint got HBO and he still missed them. :snoop:

He is not a star, not trying to argue that but you cant measure his track to stardom based off of ESPN Sat Night numbers, this fight wouldve done more on FNF.:patrice:

Let ESPN do Sat night championship boxing to where people can get used to it. Also I am guessing here but I am pretty sure HBO didnt refuse to buy these fights that Bob is putting on ESPN. I like what Bob is doing.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
another thing...I dont really watch ESPN much now unless its something I am really interested in. does anyone know if any of ESPN's TV or Radio sports shows were discussing/hyping the fight?