Undisputed 140 King: Terence "Bud" Crawford vs. Julius Indongo (ESPN, Aug 19)

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As long as Ward stays active and continues to take the right fights, he'll maintain that status.

The only reason these p4p list are so close is because of years of inactivity and mediocre opposition.

and that's my point. how you gonna say these dudes aint on his heels when they are staying active and dominating and he winning one or two big fights every few years. so I agree, as long as he stays active. but, he is 34 and I think he is really looking towards retirement more than anything. not even sure he is interested in Stevenson.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's a good question... I usually don't rank the full 10 PPV just that who are the top 10 maybe 3 or 5 and the very first.
Canelo vs GGG winner would be on top 3 but I would still have Ward as #1.

YOU would but the majority of the boxing world wont. Remember, some were ranking GGG #1 already and he hadnt even done shyt. Canelo, although he hasnt been dominant, his resume is the best out of any top 10 PPV candidates. If Canelo beats GGG, I think most will rank him #1 and I cant argue much because the Trout, Lara, and Cotto victories were strong. The dominance over Smith and JCCjr were solid and although massively outgunned, Kirkland and Khan were good names. All Bud needs is Thurman, if he can get him and that will put him there when you add in his dominance at 140 against solid if not spectacular opposition.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What is yall obsession with Broner?:wow:

OUR obsession with Broner? :what:

breh.....
q3R8koU.png
I aint even gonna go there

just be glad that fight will never happen. you thought what Mikey did was something. :comeon:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
YOU would but the majority of the boxing world wont. Remember, some were ranking GGG #1 already and he hadnt even done shyt. Canelo, although he hasnt been dominant, his resume is the best out of any top 10 PPV candidates. If Canelo beats GGG, I think most will rank him #1 and I cant argue much because the Trout, Lara, and Cotto victories were strong. The dominance over Smith and JCCjr were solid and although massively outgunned, Kirkland and Khan were good names. All Bud needs is Thurman, if he can get him and that will put him there when you add in his dominance at 140 against solid if not spectacular opposition.
Canelo has a very nice resuem especially for a 26 yrs old but Ward has a better resume. Kovalev 2X, prime Froch, prime Kessler, prime Abraham, Miranda, Barrera, Bika, Green, Dawson...

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
OUR obsession with Broner? :what:

breh.....
q3R8koU.png
I aint even gonna go there

just be glad that fight will never happen. you thought what Mikey did was something. :comeon:

Bringing up Broner in conversations that have nothing to do with him. Means you grasping for straws to me:manny:

Also Im not about to argue with you....you believe Crawford is on Ward's heels without ever even getting in the ring with at least 1 elite fighter while Ward has already KOd 2 P4P opponents in his career over 3 fights vs p4p comp. :forreal:

That's ridiculous and I aint about to waste anymore time talking about a "bud crawford" in the same post as Andre Ward:snoop:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Crawford-Indongo Fight Averaged 965,000 Viewers on ESPN

By Keith Idec

The average viewership for Terence Crawford’s spectacular ESPN debut was about the same as the audience Crawford drew for his previous fight on HBO.

According to ratings released Tuesday by Nielsen Media Research, an average of 965,000 viewers tuned in to watch Crawford demolish previously unbeaten Julius Indongo in a rare full title unification fight from Lincoln, Nebraska. Crawford (32-0, 23 KOs) knocked out Indongo (22-1, 11 KOs) in the third round after landing a perfect, paralyzing left hand to Indongo’s body that left the Namibian southpaw flat on his back, unable to get up at a Crawford-crazed Pinnacle Bank Arena.

Crawford’s impressive performance made him boxing’s first fully unified world champion in any weight class since Jermain Taylor beat Bernard Hopkins by split decision in July 2005 to win the IBF, WBA, WBC and WBO middleweight titles. The Omaha, Nebraska, native defended his WBC and WBO 140-pound titles and won the IBF and WBA championships from Indongo.

crawford-indongo-fight%20%288%29.jpg

The undefeated Crawford’s previous performance – a one-sided, 10-round technical knockout of Felix Diaz that HBO broadcast May 20 from Madison Square Garden – averaged 961,000 viewers and attracted a peak audience of 1,036,000. Peak viewership for ESPN’s broadcast of Crawford-Indongo wasn’t available Tuesday, but the audience wasn’t afforded much time to build because Crawford knocked out Indongo so quickly.

While the Crawford-Indongo ratings from Saturday night were solid, the average viewership didn’t represent the significant spike one might’ve expected for an attractive fight that was available to millions more viewers than Crawford’s victory over Diaz. ESPN, a basic cable channel, is available in roughly 87 million homes in the United States, approximately 55 million more than HBO, a premium cable channel.

The Crawford-Indongo ratings were, however, markedly higher than Top Rank’s previous ESPN telecast.

The main event of that show, WBO super featherweight champion Vasyl Lomachenko’s seven-round domination of Colombian contender Miguel Marriaga on August 5 in Los Angeles, drew an average audience of 728,000. Ratings for that show likely were adversely affected because the Pro Football Hall of Fame induction ceremonies ran long that night on ESPN, the start of the telecast switched to ESPN2 and the Lomachenko-Marriaga match didn’t begin until roughly 12:20 a.m. ET.

Lomachenko’s prior performance – a nine-round, one-sided stoppage of Jason Sosa on April 8 in Oxon Hill, Maryland – was watched by an average of 832,000 viewers on HBO.

:salute: T-Craw

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Bigger tv audience, bigger live audience, watch Bob still treat him as second fiddle to his euros, asians, and mexicnas.
YOu might shyt on K9 but he isn't saying anything that most black fighters haven't said, Al Haymon takes care of his people and he would treat Crawford a lot better than Arum is treating him and has treated his black fighters.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps

He didn't crack a million average huh?:ohhh:

According to ratings released Tuesday by Nielsen Media Research, an average of 965,000 viewers tuned in to watch Crawford.
While the Crawford-Indongo ratings from Saturday night were solid, the average viewership didn’t represent the significant spike one might’ve expected for an attractive fight that was available to millions more viewers than Crawford’s victory over Diaz. ESPN, a basic cable channel, is available in roughly 87 million homes in the United States, approximately 55 million more than HBO, a premium cable channel.

@ChocolateGiddyUp
funny.gif